PDA

View Full Version : Indy 2014 - Aug 21 - 24

Izzy
05-20-2014, 11:51 PM
:bounce:ANNOUNCEMENT!:bounce:

The Construction Toy Show is on schedule and Arranged.

- YES it is on track - It's happening - No Joke - :D

Bring your trucks, equipment etc.:rolleyes:

remember that this is a construction toy show

Since Ric is not participating in the show this year, the costs for the space are higher and therefore the pit pass cost has increased to cover the room cost.

Costs related to the 'crushed rubber', carpets, road bed etc. will be covered by individuals and there will be fund raisers to help offset those costs back to those individuals.

Lmackattack
05-21-2014, 08:04 AM
What's the date again?

Snochaser
05-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the "behind the scenes" work Izzy. Much appreciated!!

rc_farmer
05-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Great news Iz! Lookinf fwd to another great show

Izzy
05-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Aug 22 - Aug 24

But we generally try to set up late thurs (Aug 21)

http://www.toyfarmer.com/event/national-toy-truck-n-construction-show-aug-22-23-24-2014

Rember we run from 8am till 3am daily

Notice that we as a whole are putting this on - so everyone is equal and no one is just a "guest".

Bo Wallen
05-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Can I take the night shift ? :D

pigeonfarmboy
05-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Notice that we as a whole are putting this on - so everyone is equal and no one is just a "guest".

So if you're gonna be the good cop, can I be the bad cop? :cop:

fhhhstix
05-22-2014, 06:10 PM
So if you're gonna be the good cop, can I be the bad cop? :cop:

Yes you can.:D

Izzy
05-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Pit passes will still be sold by the promoter - pic them up at the organizers room as usual. Pit pass cost does not include the show admission fee.

Dieselchopper
05-22-2014, 10:17 PM
I wish I could make it. Had planned to but with just starting a new job after old company went into receivership it's still tough. Hope ya all have a good time!!

JoseFL10-4
05-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Hi Guys is anyway to do a rc mini truck rodeo this year? Well let me know I can order some awards 1er 2do and 3rd place.

pigeonfarmboy
05-25-2014, 08:12 PM
I may be alone, but I don't know what a truck rodeo is.

TRUCKMAKER
05-25-2014, 11:28 PM
A truck rodeo consists of various tasks such as backing maneuvers, turning within a certain area etc if I remember correctly your up against the clock. At the moment that's all that comes to mind. There's a lot more to it than that. YouTube would probably have some vids. I would much rather drive a 1:1 in a rodeo than an RC not that I would do well with either, the control of the 1:1 would seem easier but the view of the RC would be an advantage.

JoseFL10-4
05-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Here is a example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6e4H6ZkNzU I just back from the fl truck rodeo was this weekend, just to do something different this year at the show + r going to be THE FIRST R/C TRUCK RODEO IN U S what better place than Indianapolis.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt7hnmB6Dew

rcguyfarms
05-27-2014, 11:25 AM
Any idea on the pit pass cost?

Izzy
05-28-2014, 10:15 PM
There have been plenty of rc rodeo - not sure at the Indy event though. We look forward to the added activity.

Pit passes - before I drop the $ I'd like to re state that the pit passes are covering the cost of the ballroom for the whole event (Thursday through mid Sunday)

Cost is $25 per driver for the weekend.

To put it in perspective it's about 1/3 of a nights stay in a hotel. Pretty reasonable I think.

Izzy

TRUCKMAKER
05-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Wow Izzy you guys did good on this! Based on conversations at the show last year I expected it to be more than that. Are we in the same size room?
I know there was talk about trying to get that one wall opened up. Just curious, its great that you were able to put this together so anything works!:bounce::bounce::bounce::D:D

pigeonfarmboy
05-29-2014, 03:24 PM
$25.....unless you're a kid with a radio shack monster truck.... $900 for them

Stuff
05-29-2014, 06:11 PM

:D:D:D:D I agree!

TRUCKMAKER
05-29-2014, 06:26 PM

We'll just have Rob sign them up!:lol::lol:

fhhhstix
05-29-2014, 07:16 PM
We'll just have Rob sign them up!:lol::lol:

Well we know who Rob will be finding first when he gets to Indy.:D

TRUCKMAKER
05-29-2014, 07:27 PM
:D:D:D:D

Lil Giants
05-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Cost is $25 per driver for the weekend.

To put it in perspective it's about 1/3 of a nights stay in a hotel. Pretty reasonable I think.

Izzy

I would think for the ppl coming through the door to pay to see what you guys are doing, the show should be paying you guys to attend or at least given free space to set up... none of you are there to sell commercially after all, that was previously PMD's gig. :rolleyes:

Supermario
05-29-2014, 08:14 PM
To put things into perspective....

This is not a cheap hobby and can easily spend hundreds of dollars on a build. What is 25 dollars to have the opportunity to share and interact with others? That's what the building is all about right?
Best 25 you could ever spend!
Wish I could go this year. Next year for sure, turns out the Canadian government has people in charge of getting citizens pardons and US waivers! They will do the leg work for me!:jaw:

See you next year! :bounce:

Mario

Smiley
05-30-2014, 11:17 AM
do i get to get in free if i bring cookies and brownies :D:D:lol:. hate to hear that ur not gona make it mario. just let mama sue drive and you hide in a box :D:lol:

fhhhstix
05-30-2014, 07:33 PM
do i get to get in free if i bring cookies and brownies :D:D:lol:. hate to hear that ur not gona make it mario. just let mama sue drive and you hide in a box :D:lol:

If I get my own bowl of cookies the same size you brought last year I will pay your drivers fee. THIS OFFER IS ONLY GOOD FOR SMILEY SINCE I ALREADY KNOW HOW GOOD THE COOKIES ARE.:D

spudd
05-30-2014, 09:47 PM
If I get my own bowl of cookies the same size you brought last year I will pay your drivers fee. THIS OFFER IS ONLY GOOD FOR SMILEY SINCE I ALREADY KNOW HOW GOOD THE COOKIES ARE.:D

Like you need more cookies!!!!!!!

Izzy
05-30-2014, 11:54 PM
Smiley -that's a real bargain -

The room is the same size - we tried to get more space but the hotel took that to mean a break in contract and wanted to raise the cost of everything. So no deal for the promoter. Next year they are thinking of a different ballroom that is the same overall size (2x what we use) and it can be split into 1/5's instead of 1/4's so we could get more space.

The promoter fully understands that we bring in attendance to the show and that we are only there to have fun. But weak activity on our part on Sundays is a huge negative and puts us in a bad light.

Overall the collectors market is seeing tough times.

For the city however - we had 43 registered drivers in 2012 and 41 in 2013.

I have estimated at 40 drivers this year.

They are asking if we will commit to 2015 already and not knowing any details of what it could cost.

CustomRCmodels
07-14-2014, 01:27 AM
Smiley -that's a real bargain -

The room is the same size - we tried to get more space but the hotel took that to mean a break in contract and wanted to raise the cost of everything. So no deal for the promoter. Next year they are thinking of a different ballroom that is the same overall size (2x what we use) and it can be split into 1/5's instead of 1/4's so we could get more space.

The promoter fully understands that we bring in attendance to the show and that we are only there to have fun. But weak activity on our part on Sundays is a huge negative and puts us in a bad light.

Overall the collectors market is seeing tough times.

For the city however - we had 43 registered drivers in 2012 and 41 in 2013.

I have estimated at 40 drivers this year.

They are asking if we will commit to 2015 already and not knowing any details of what it could cost.

Howdy guys
I fell of the grid for a while , way to many work-projects , with too much traveling has been keeping me away of doing any hobby projects since last year.
But the Indy show is a must !
I am glad Izzy & Co got the ball rolling that we still have a Indy R/C show even without Ric .
I plan as usual , arriving sometimes on Thursday and staying till Monday.
Maybe I can manage this time to arrive earlier on Thursday to help with the setup ( besides unloading my own clutter ).
As for the Sunday deal , I always wanted to do this longer on Sundays ,
but as we all remember , besides our own stuff , we had to brake up a pack up all of Ric's stuff . Maybe we can get this year a few guys staying longer , pack up in the later afternoon on Sunday , or even in the evening .
I am not driving back home before Monday anyways .
Do we have this year again all the cool loading docks ?
I sure hope so .
Looking forward to seeing you all again and having a good time !

Izzy
07-25-2014, 10:15 PM
Willy - long time no chatter :)

Yes both loading docks as was last year.

All - it's just 4wks away! Get your hotel arrangements made. Do some networking and share a ride - it truly makes the trip better to have others to share with.

Those still running crystal based radios - be sure to bring extra crystals.

Those hoping to run a generic rc car please listen to the following. We appreciate your love of this hobby. We certainly will help you become a better modeler. But this event is expected to be a model truck and construction show. By that we are trying our darnedest to put on our best attempt at scale activities. These trucks need to operate at scale speeds. 1:1 heavy trucks don't run over 50 - 70mph which scales out to a stock tamiya semi in first gear or less. In day to day terms - less than a slow paced walk. So the off the shelf back yard basher is just way to fast for the city. The space is tight and every driver is responsible for the damage they do to others. So, I am sorry to say this is not a sand box - this is a model show - and the lesser toys need to stay at home. I do not mean to offend, but rather to explain as clear as I can what is expected of us all.

Attention all - even though our late night fun time has gone on without fatal error or complaint - we do need to be extremely careful about injury and hotel damage. We have had some close calls, and I expect everyone to keep our safety incident rate at the level it should be. :)

So is everyone ready for the largest construction rc event in the USA? Hope so - time is ticking away.

CustomRCmodels
07-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Sounds good Chris ( = loading docks )

and great idea to post these info's ,
since that can't be said often enough !
Maybe we even could make up some flyers to hand out to everyone

Willy - long time no chatter :)

Yes both loading docks as was last year.

All - it's just 4wks away! Get your hotel arrangements made. Do some networking and share a ride - it truly makes the trip better to have others to share with.

Those still running crystal based radios - be sure to bring extra crystals.

Those hoping to run a generic rc car please listen to the following. We appreciate your love of this hobby. We certainly will help you become a better modeler. But this event is expected to be a model truck and construction show. By that we are trying our darnedest to put on our best attempt at scale activities. These trucks need to operate at scale speeds. 1:1 heavy trucks don't run over 50 - 70mph which scales out to a stock tamiya semi in first gear or less. In day to day terms - less than a slow paced walk. So the off the shelf back yard basher is just way to fast for the city. The space is tight and every driver is responsible for the damage they do to others. So, I am sorry to say this is not a sand box - this is a model show - and the lesser toys need to stay at home. I do not mean to offend, but rather to explain as clear as I can what is expected of us all.

Attention all - even though our late night fun time has gone on without fatal error or complaint - we do need to be extremely careful about injury and hotel damage. We have had some close calls, and I expect everyone to keep our safety incident rate at the level it should be. :)

So is everyone ready for the largest construction rc event in the USA? Hope so - time is ticking away.

Actros4160
07-26-2014, 11:58 AM
I have joint this event last year for the first time and felt right at home. I looking forward to the show. It is nice when people share the them interest as yourself.
I hope my controller is back from repair for my cat345 excavator. After flooding it in oil and cleaning it with alcohol the controller was not working anymore. Sad, but that is life.:(

I will see you all in Indy.

Bernd

sparkycuda
07-26-2014, 05:34 PM
I've designed a "business" card that is being reviewed now, so we will have something to hand out. Also, working on a couple of signs to put up. A brochure would be good, if someone wants to work on one. Looking forward to that weekend! Ken

1985 kenworth
07-28-2014, 02:49 AM
i won't make it this year neither but maybe a few of us canadians will crash your party next year ..of course crash not being the operative word i know all to well about that ...poor little Zeus :)

Izzy
07-29-2014, 06:10 PM
Dwayne - bummer this year is out for you - but understandable. Looking forward to next year then

Bernd - hope your up and running soon.

Ken - kool idea

pigeonfarmboy
07-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Hotel booked! (early for me) I even got an extra bed in case I want to have some alone time with one of your guys' models. :drool:

TRUCKMAKER
07-30-2014, 07:24 PM
Hotel booked! (early for me) I even got an extra bed in case I want to have some alone time with one of your guys' models. :drool:

That's just creepy:eek: OH HIGH NATE!:p:p

ihbuilder
07-30-2014, 09:03 PM
I'll be there with the pit hog . I'll even run it on 7.4 so the lil 1's can keep up :p got my room booked .

djcrabtree
07-31-2014, 02:52 AM
So can anyone with truck bring them and operate as long as we pay the fee to get in. This will be my first time with this kind of thing, thanks for the help and info.

pigeonfarmboy
07-31-2014, 10:00 AM
So can anyone with truck bring them and operate as long as we pay the fee to get in. This will be my first time with this kind of thing, thanks for the help and info.

Certainly! Read Izzy's guidelines above and ask questions if there's any confusion. I'll go ahead and pre-apologize for the money you're going to spend after we fill your head with ideas at the show.

djcrabtree
07-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Money? What's that haha. I know I spent so much when I was into scale truck and crawlers. But it's money well spent when it's something you really enjoy.

Izzy
07-31-2014, 06:34 PM
Think scale city 1600sqft and about 120 trucks stuffed in it. Oh and typically more trailers than trucks.

We use roadways that are close to scale width - so no high speed rolling when others are near. Don't drive if you don't have eyes on the truck ( blind corners are always trouble spots).

Snochaser
07-31-2014, 06:40 PM
It's also preferred to drive your truck from a distance, not like walking a dog, following every inch. Brush up on skills folks. There are a lot of very nice trucks on site (not mine) your not going to want to have a run in with.

ihbuilder
07-31-2014, 07:56 PM
I'll just set my chair on the road way all day and sit in it :p:D

some of us have eyes goin bad you know :cop:

FlyingBeagle
08-01-2014, 10:54 AM
I have been following this board for a few years now, but due to many factors working against me I still have yet to build a model. Actually, I have never even seen one of these in person. I am hoping to make it up for the day on Saturday, and was wondering what level of participation I would be able to have not having a model of my own. I would love to be able to take a close look at the trucks and equipment and admire all of the builds I have been following on these forums. Plus It would be really nice to put some faces with names.

pigeonfarmboy
08-01-2014, 02:28 PM
While you need a pit pass to drive. There's nothing you need to hang around and ask us questions.

FlyingBeagle
08-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Great, Thanks. I plan to purchase a pit pass as contributing to this event can only help it continue to happen in the future.

sparkycuda
08-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Seems we are getting a lot of new folks for Indy. Should we consider having name tags available to make name/face ID easier? Would some feel odd wearing tags? Many are good friends and been around quite a while and others are just getting started. Any comments? Ken

JoseFL10-4
08-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Yes, flight check, car rental check, hotel check, I set my flight back late afternoon on Sunday to help. I be there Thursday late, travel box this year smaller but can take two truck and small garage. I will try to take my truck wash. Name tag is good idea and don't forget the yellow strip to keep public out driving area.

TRUCKMAKER
08-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Seems we are getting a lot of new folks for Indy. Should we consider having name tags available to make name/face ID easier? Would some feel odd wearing tags? Many are good friends and been around quite a while and others are just getting started. Any comments? Ken

I wouldn't have a problem with it, I'm sure there were a lot of people there last year who I've talked with on the forum but didn't at the show because I didn't know who they were.

JoseFL10-4
08-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Ok, I will like to know if r going to be a truck pulling event, to know which is my 2 do trk.

fhhhstix
08-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Ok, I will like to know if r going to be a truck pulling event, to know which is my 2 do trk.

I don't think Izzy will have time to put the new sled together before Indy. He has sold the other one and working on a new one.

Travis

fhhhstix
08-03-2014, 10:06 AM
We have the rubber for Indy and we will have extra that we will offer for sale at the show. If you are interested in getting some PM me. We have ten 18 gal tubs we are considering extra and if more than that is wanted we could sell off one of the larger containers. You have to come to the show to get this we will not ship it as we are not doing this as a business. We will be using the money to offset some of our out of pocket cost to do the show and get more items for our display that we will take to Indy and possibly others that want to have an indoor show.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/IMG_0607_zpsa326a356.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/IMG_0613_zps91fb2855.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/IMG_0617_zps994fd5be.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/IMG_0616_zps8895a544.jpg

This is a total of 2/50gal cans, 4/100gal cans, and 10/18gal totes

Izzy
08-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Sorry Jose - no truck pulling this year. Definitely next year though.

Izzy

FlyingBeagle
08-05-2014, 10:30 AM
Wow, that is going to be one huge pile of rubber.

fhhhstix
08-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Well the rubber has a new home and it is ready to go.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/IMG_0635_zpsc6aba4dc.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss185/brokenb4/IMG_0636_zpscb9b0a0d.jpg

TRUCKMAKER
08-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Nice toy trailer Travis.:D

pigeonfarmboy
08-13-2014, 04:24 PM
I've got an extra bed if someone hasn't booked a room yet, send me a pm.

Izzy
08-13-2014, 09:47 PM
We can start setting up Thursday at 3pm. There is a luncheon in th ball room just before us.

Just 8 days ......

Smiley
08-14-2014, 07:39 AM
We can start setting up Thursday at 3pm. There is a luncheon in th ball room just before us.

Just 8 days ......

I'm sure that we could run them out of the room before then :D:D:lol::lol:

ihbuilder
08-14-2014, 07:45 AM
I'm sure that we could run them out of the room before then :D:D:lol::lol:

yea lets doo what the book ppl were doin to us last year . just start rollin in at 12:00

JoseFL10-4
08-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Well 5 days, i clean my table and tool box i have some parts for sale, can i take it to sale over? i will post pics if positive thnks.

fhhhstix
08-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Well 5 days, i clean my table and tool box i have some parts for sale, can i take it to sale over? i will post pics if positive thnks.

Yes everybody bring your extra stuff. This is a great opportunity to trade parts and sell items you no longer want with no packaging or shipping.

Everybody we have a the rubber, carpet, a bridge, and some loading docks. I encourage people to bring what building and other items they can fit in and bring with them.

Over time we hope to get scenery and buildings and have a whole city set up in the trailer that we can take to shows.

Travis

Actros4160
08-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Looks like a lot of rubber and my cat345 is down,:mad:

He will stay at home.

See you there

Dieselchopper
08-18-2014, 02:24 PM
What type of rubber are you using? Where are you getting it? How fine is it? I am looking to get +/- 100 gal or so for our show in Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Izzy
08-18-2014, 06:17 PM
They go by screen size. But aprox. 1/16 to 1/8 pieces.

Izzy

Lmackattack
08-18-2014, 07:12 PM
if all goes well and I don't work to late Friday, I planning on coming down Friday Night and leaving sat later afternoon. I have not even touched any of my trucks after we had the event in Central IL this spring. Hope to make it!

Dairyland Trucker
08-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Well i am actually coming down this year and will have a Suburban full of stuff I am selling out of trucks parts you name it.

fhhhstix
08-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Well i am actually coming down this year and will have a Suburban full of stuff I am selling out of trucks parts you name it.

What room# will you be set up in?

Dairyland Trucker
08-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Not setting up in a room might have one of my other friends put some stuff out in the ball room for me but will have most in car and regular room but will see how it goes. Hopefully will have a chance to run one or 2 of my trucks too.

Actros4160
08-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Looks like the cat345 is out of the shop, the controller is back, ya.:bounce: Wedico delivered today via the brown delivery trucks. Great job, shiped on Friday last week. Will testing on Tuesday and when function properly he ended up in the case and travel with me to the show.Ya:D:D:D

I will be there around 5pm

JoseFL10-4
08-20-2014, 01:41 PM
24 hr for departure and now I have to repack all trucks and use a bigger box. Huh

woodhog
08-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Well I am mostly packed,wait till y'all see the Clampits coming in to town:eek: . Waiting on Lukes stuff to finish packing we should be there around 2-3 pm on thursday.

djcrabtree
08-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Well guys I'm bummed that I won't be able to make it so have a good enough time for me.

fhhhstix
08-20-2014, 11:17 PM
I am all loaded up and ready with some new toys for this year as well.

Lmackattack
08-23-2014, 11:26 AM
well I had the car loaded with all my trucks and stuff ready to leave work around noon if work went as planned. Then at 11am I got a call to move a machine from Joliet heading 40 miles west of Rockford. I dident get back to the yard untill 6pm. I mistakenly made plans with the wife for later tonight so it was going to be 7 hours total of driving for 6 hours of RC trucking.... Looks like I will try again for next year.

make sure you guys get some good pics and vids of the action.

TRUCKMAKER
08-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Candi Fetish has left the building! :lol::lol::lol::D

Izzy
08-24-2014, 10:30 PM
For all those who didn't get to make the run to Indy - bummer for you :)

As soon as I here a date for 2015 i will post a new thread

Stepside
08-24-2014, 10:38 PM
sweet!

thanks to Izzy, Travis, Lynn, and all who made the arrangements and made it happen. Was a great time as usual! Can't wait for next year!

glorydays24
08-25-2014, 01:42 PM
sweet!

thanks to Izzy, Travis, Lynn, and all who made the arrangements and made it happen. Was a great time as usual! Can't wait for next year!

Yeah, what you said Rod.:lol::bounce::D:cool:

Big John