PDA

View Full Version : new to rc construction

quadzilla
10-13-2014, 04:46 PM
hi all new to your forum ,love reading all your posts and checking out your pics , i live in the uk and having always loved earthmovers, decided to start my own collection , i have tamiya king hauler with a carson goldhofer lowloader, a carson hydraulic LR634, tamiya 8x4 scania tipper , and a couple of other tamiya tractor units,
what i would like to know is your thoughts on the vario 870 and the new servonaut sandmaster GMK 4000 dumptruck , i would like to buy both of these as they seem good value for money does anyone have any news on the sandmaster or has anyone seen one , what sort of size comparison is the tamiya to the vario 870,
thanks
Dave:)

Lil Giants
10-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Dave. :)

The Vario 870 is a brute of a model, I have one as a JD850 version for 4yrs now & have loved every minute of it with its awesome power & long reach. It'll fill a Tamiya dump trk in 4 to 5 scoops. The only downside is its 80lbs weight to pack it around.

An aussie member on our forum has ordered the Sandmaster dump trk, I would think he would have it in his hands by month's end to share his thoughts of it with us then.

quadzilla
10-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks for that , been looking at your vids wow!, has the vario changed a lot since you bought yours, are there other large excavators ?
Thanks again

elliot330
10-15-2014, 01:23 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome.... what part of the UK are you from?

Like Jo says the 870 is a mega machine, possibly the strongest out there. But with that comes a lot of weight. Its also a very big machine, but that said, it will match the new Servonaut dumper very well.

I'm off over to Germany end of this month to Friedrichshafen, a big German fair to meet with Frank ( fumotec ) and also will take some pictures of the Dumper.

quadzilla
10-16-2014, 05:28 PM
hi Elliot
i live in the east midlands , i met you at the link caterpillar weekend Sibbrtoft, i posted the same question on your FB page but got no response ,so thought i would try further afield ,got quite a collection started know , almost ready to start gardening:D

elliot330
10-17-2014, 03:33 AM
I didn't see it on facebook, sorry. Are the same person that used to race the 1/5th scale buggies?

So what do you have already?

Have you thought about the smaller excavator that Frank does, the komatsu. It also comes in a kit form and is massively powerful and is a lot smaller and easier to handle.

quadzilla
10-17-2014, 05:43 PM
Hi Elliot

does Frank have a long lead time , what sort of cost is it with all necessary parts

thanks
Dave

titandigs
10-19-2014, 12:07 AM
hi all new to your forum ,love reading all your posts and checking out your pics , i live in the uk and having always loved earthmovers, decided to start my own collection , i have tamiya king hauler with a carson goldhofer lowloader, a carson hydraulic LR634, tamiya 8x4 scania tipper , and a couple of other tamiya tractor units,
what i would like to know is your thoughts on the vario 870 and the new servonaut sandmaster GMK 4000 dumptruck , i would like to buy both of these as they seem good value for money does anyone have any news on the sandmaster or has anyone seen one , what sort of size comparison is the tamiya to the vario 870,
thanks
Dave:)

Hi Dave, As Joe said I have ordered a Sandmaster dumper. It should have been released a few weeks ago but there has been some delays in production.
As of 17/10/14 it was still a week away from the first delivery.
My model will be number 14 in the first round of deliveries.
By the time it gets to Australia I guess others will have built there models.
I will also be in Germany at the end of next week to visit Friedrickshaven for the model show and look forward to seeing one running and hopefully get a drive.:D
I am sure plenty pictures will be posted around the show time.
Paul

quadzilla
10-19-2014, 02:29 PM
hi
cant wait to see it , is it branded as a komatsu ? do you know the actual sizes?

thanks
Dave

titandigs
10-20-2014, 07:17 AM
SandMaster GMK4000, Off-Road Dump Truck Kit 1:14,5 Made in Germany by tematik.
Scale 1:14,5
Frame: steel, powder coated
Tipper body: steel and aluminium
Tires: 132 mm
With two planetary gear motors in the rear (included)
Curb weight: 10,5 kilo
Load up to 20 kilo
with spindle drive, comes pre-assembled and wired with motor (included)
Dimensions:
Length: 645mm, Width: 296mm, Height: 300/222mm
kit comes unvarnished with spindle drive and three motors, electronics not included

http://www.servonaut.de/shop/images/product_images/popup_images/ArtGMK4000.jpg

recommended electronics: Speed Controller Servonaut S20, Sound Module SM3, Electrical Light Set ML4, MFR, Loudspeaker Laut16, 12V NiMH Akku or 3s-Lipo

Please note: Pictures show an example, kit comes unvarnished without accessories

thebigo
10-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Welcome dave, might want to check out the premacon they are on the 1/14 scale and are not as heavy. The price is not to bad either, I am considering this machine in the future. You can ask Joe (little giants) but I think Frank makes these as well.

David