PDA

View Full Version : New member from Alberta

ToddMP1966
11-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Hello all! My name is Todd and I live in Leduc, Alberta, just outside Edmonton. I have been wanting to get into rc semi trailer trucks for a while now, especially after seeing all the videos on Youtube and all the pics and threads here. I was a bit disappointed in the North American style trailers available from Tamiya, they are kind of out of date and very short! I spent over 12 years driving tractor trailers hauling lumber and OSB locally and all the trailers I see on the highway are 48 to 53 feet long or they are B-trains. So I bought a Tamiya flat deck trailer to see if I could improve on it and make a longer one. Hopefully after Christmas I'll be able to pick up a truck to pull it! :)
I will post some pics soon of the trailer and of the trucks I drove.
Todd.

1985 kenworth
12-09-2014, 11:19 PM
hello todd welcome to the forum i am from canada also....Ontario to be exact.i have to agree with you which is why i built my own 53ft van and reefer trailers for that same reason. i know there are a few guys on here in your area .again welcome :D

ToddMP1966
12-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Thanks 1985 Kenworth. Lots of amazing builds on here. I just posted a thread about my first build... The 53' flat deck. Hoping to start a new one in the new year.