PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Long Island

Brazilwill
01-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Hey what's going on everyone, my names Will and I'm from Long Island. Well I started this hobby about 5-6 years ago but haven't really been active in the mini trucker community till recently. I am addicted to building models and modifying them. I currently own a tamiya King hauler and a flatbed trailer that I have extensively modified (well extensively in my abilities, lol). I have currently been able to purchase the Scania R620 with a box trailer that I hopefully will be able to build this January for the 2015 season... I will post pictures of my stock truck before I started modifying it, But I have a question about a few things if anyone could help...

1st is my micro sensor for the trailer hitch cracked, can I buy a replacement micro switch, I believe it's called the micron sw3 or something like that...

2nd is I want to add lights with a switch but can't seem to figure out the wiribg, I have bough the duel mode e-switch from garden trucking but am afraid to burn it out after trying it with 1 of the 2 I bought and having smoke come whe connecting to a power source...

Thank you guys, any help will be greatly appreciated and also can't wait to see you guys at upcoming shows, I saw mini trucking had a few shows, but are their any other truck shows out there in the NY/NJ area... I'm willing to drive to attend these shows

Brazilwill
01-03-2015, 12:21 PM
The new truck colors

bigford
01-03-2015, 01:18 PM
welcome to the group!!
i'm out in mastic beach and there is
a fellow named bundy from centereach on here

to post pic here you need a photobucket type of account then upload pic from there.
see my post here on uploading
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=9331

Brazilwill
01-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Ooh awesome, ok I will look at getting my account setup this weekend and upload my build pics and also my mini village I'm trying to build with scale roads, grass, trees, and a 7,000 brick 1/12 scale 2 story garage for my 2 trucks, or truck and trailer.