PDA

View Full Version : uk newbie here

chris deacon
01-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Hiya all. My name is chris and I'm from the uk. I am looking to get into rc construction machinery. I am not new to rc as I currently fly electric planes and also race 1/8th scale nitro rally cross buggies. Can wait to get started as I think I need to face facts and realise that i am getting to old to be competitive in the rally cross against this latest generation of xbox and play station youngsters lol and neEd something a little slower and laid back

elliot330
01-06-2015, 06:53 PM
Hi Chris,

What part for the country you from pal?

Elliot

chris deacon
01-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Ha ha just up the road from you by the looks of it lol.. I live in tetbury and race at swindon.

elliot330
01-07-2015, 04:55 AM
Hi Chris,

It owuld appear we are close then! If you race in Swindon, then you'll know my brother, Clinton.

So,what part of RC construction are you interested in? Any ideas on what model you want? Or what do you have already?

Elliot

PS. Lots of good advice on here as well.

chris deacon
01-07-2015, 07:30 AM
Yeah i know a Clinton from Swindon. Got him as a friend on facebook if i am not mistaken.
I dont want to spend to much money on my first model so i been looking at them Magom HRC cat 320 as a first. Ideally i would like a 360 track machine, A front loader, A bulldozer, A low loader and a tipper.
Thinking i might sell up all my 1/8th scale buggy stuff so that will add to the funds lol.

elliot330
01-08-2015, 10:22 AM
That's Him!..

Nice long list of toys you have in mind!

I sold all on my helis and other toys, traded a few other models and now have the Excavator and tipper and dumper.

Its really addictive... :-)