PDA

View Full Version : New Globe Liner Buid

gbritton
01-16-2015, 08:02 PM
I'm new to the RC trucks. I have cars and tanks but the rc trucks is new and I need some help from you guys.. I'm starting my first build... a globe liner I have been reading about the longer frames..i just need to know what frame to get and does it come with all the holes already drilled in them. I'm new so I can use all the help I can get on this and the whole build. Thanks for you help.Gary

cabs
01-16-2015, 08:08 PM
You can use rails from a king hauler which I just did for now, you will just have to drill and tap a few for the cab and fuel tanks. If you want them longer Ihb on the forum has some real sweet rails to work with. Thats my step 2

woodhog
01-16-2015, 08:29 PM
Or if you want a little longer than King hauler you can use a knight rails. IHB rails are very nice but are not drilled. They have the taper milled in the end . Good luck with the build and be sure to post some pics :)

gbritton
01-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Thanks For all the help guys, it I use the king hauler frame can I put three axels under it? ,maybe two drives and one tag would be nice..like I said I'm new to this kind of build..so I don't know a lot about it yet. learn as I go..thanks for all the help and info..gary

cabs
01-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Thanks For all the help guys, it I use the king hauler frame can I put three axels under it? ,maybe two drives and one tag would be nice..like I said I'm new to this kind of build..so I don't know a lot about it yet. learn as I go..thanks for all the help and info..gary
you will have a tight squeeze. I would think you want to go 24"at least

Stuff
01-18-2015, 11:40 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a379/ANTheStuff/RC/Globeliner%206x6%20Stretched/IMG_0702_zps541eb318.jpg

side view of my globe on king rails. Also using a different transmission. Might work but you will be cramped.

knight or cascadia rails might work. either way you're drilling and tapping new holes for the cab mounts. 3mm bit and 3mm tap!

gbritton
01-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Well I got my king hauler frame rails today,, so now all I do is build globe liner like a king hauler and then drill holes for the cab mount? I hope that's what I need to do.. by the way, your truck looks great..i just hope mine looks half that good..thanks for all the help..gary