PDA

View Full Version : GM futurliner

PetervR
01-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Hi
Did anyone try to build a gm futurliner. I can't decide if it's a bus, truck or a rolling stage?

Grtz PetervR

Joe25
01-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Lol I've got a couple drawings layin around for that one... from what I can tell bus, truck, stage, RV, concession stand, car hauler, ect looks like imagination was the limiting factor.

http://www.futurliner.com/images/oralro4.jpg

www.futurliner.com

Wife wants to build one to be a roach coach lol

rctrucker2
01-19-2015, 03:31 PM
I was at Barrett Jackson last Wednesday and Thursday and saw the Futureliner up close. It only has room for 3 people in the top cab (driver sits in middle at front and 2 seats side by side behind). There are 2 horizontal doors in the middle. One folds down to form a floor of the stage and the other folds up. It is not a bus but more of a truck with a stage built in the middle. One of the most interesting features was the dual wheels on the steering axle. The wheels are mounted on special hubs that allow the outer wheel to turn faster than the inner wheel to steer around a corner.

SonoranWraith
01-19-2015, 10:48 PM
I saw the Futurliner in 2006 when Ron Pratt bought it that year and it is pretty spectacular. I would think there is some literature out about them. There were only 12 made as they were a show piece for a traveling exhibit called the Parade of Progress. I have never seen one in a scale build...yet. :D

Joe25
01-20-2015, 12:05 AM
I saw the Futurliner in 2006 when Ron Pratt bought it that year and it is pretty spectacular. I would think there is some literature out about them. There were only 12 made as they were a show piece for a traveling exhibit called the Parade of Progress. I have never seen one in a scale build...yet. :D

Wife wants me to build her a 1:1 :jaw: yeah right lol maybe a 1:14 would satisfy her?

PetervR
01-20-2015, 02:44 AM
I have been scrolling trough some pictures found on the internet. And I found some intresting looking rusted picture's
I'm builing a scale "body, paint and custom shop" and I need an eyechatcher.
to this point I thought it was going to be an albion 8-legger. from the old day's.
and it can be both. but is it going to look like the day it arrived at the shop. or is it going to look like the day it leaves the shop.
or is it to carry a custom car.

Joe25
01-20-2015, 03:12 AM
Sounds like an interesting project Peter, be interested to see the build

wwindham
03-15-2015, 02:50 AM
I am Building 1/14 scale GM Futurliner. I hope to post plenty of pictures. Soon. I have done most of the drawing. The construction will begin soon. BUT I am moving to Florida. I will start putting all the frame pieces together there. All frame parts are metal. The front suspension has dual tires. So the front axle has to be remade to line up the front tires and the rear tires.

1strodeo
03-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Watched ng and episode of Bitchin Rides season 1 Episode 10. And the are redoing a Futurliner. You'll see some good references

toniolillo
04-05-2015, 05:12 PM
Did not know this model is quite interesting and I really like it