RC Truck and Construction

RC Truck and Construction (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/index.php)
-   Get it out of your system! HERE! (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Can't upload photos to this site (https://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=9773)

Rick.K 12-06-2014 08:11 AM

Can't upload photos to this site

Over the past week I've tried to upload photos to this site, either from my computer (the attachment manager allows this) or from Photobucket.

Everytime only a link to the photo is added to the post. When you click on the photo link, the photo viewer launches, but does not open the photo until you close and reopen the photo viewer. So for most people who click on the photo one time, they see nothing. Makes it look like a broken link.

The Attachment Manager does not offer me the option to open and place the photo within the post after I've selected the photo. All of this is very frustrating when trying to share photos of my work.

Have written twice this week to the Webmaster about this. No reply.

Rick.K 12-06-2014 08:45 AM

Re: Can't upload photos to this site

Finally answered my own question. Figured out the problem with my Photobucket account and the inability to paste the IMG links directly into the body of the post. Works now.

Izzy 02-27-2015 06:09 AM

Rick - thank you for the followup. Byou show courage honor and trust.

Lesser people would stomp off mad and not find the answers.

fhhhstix 03-01-2015 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick.K (Post 119842)
Over the past week I've tried to upload photos to this site, either from my computer (the attachment manager allows this) or from Photobucket.

Everytime only a link to the photo is added to the post. When you click on the photo link, the photo viewer launches, but does not open the photo until you close and reopen the photo viewer. So for most people who click on the photo one time, they see nothing. Makes it look like a broken link.

The Attachment Manager does not offer me the option to open and place the photo within the post after I've selected the photo. All of this is very frustrating when trying to share photos of my work.

Have written twice this week to the Webmaster about this. No reply.

Who did you contact? The forum email has no new mesages.

Dreamweaver 03-01-2015 09:29 PM

He PM'd me and I told him how I do it. I think he said he saw my how to. Never heard back from him though.

Wiskybilt 04-27-2015 07:33 PM

So how do you load pics straight from your computer?

Radio Control Trucker 04-27-2015 08:32 PM

Simple answer is: you don't.

Most of the folks use PhotoBucket. I use FaceBook sometimes.

It's just a matter of copying the photo's 'properties' i.e., the URL for the photo you want to share. Then pasting it to the information box provided on the message tool-bar.

It's always worked for me.

- RCT

TRUCKMAKER 04-28-2015 10:05 AM

If you use Photobucket copy the IMG code and paste it in message box.

Wiskybilt 05-07-2015 04:09 PM

Thanks for the help. I use facebook already, so I'll try that when I'm ready.