View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 05:28 PM

george is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reasonable Advice Needed

Hello Again,

I tore open the schwimmwagen to see how much room I have inside the 1/6 beasty. From inside wall to wall for both axles, I have 5" max. Between front and back axles, I have 12 1/2" length.

I figure the axles should be shorter, for connections and adapters. The drive shaft, I was thinking of mounting a gear on it and another one on the motor and use a toothed belt to drive the drive belt which would drive both axles to give me 4wd. Both axles would also have working suspension BUT keep it realistic to WWII times. Also this is NOT a speeder or rock crawler. So the handling should reflect that.

I hope that you can point me to some axles and gear that will help me with this. I have looked at Tamiya 1/14, I think, TLT-1 I think it`s too bulky for the confined internal space I will have it in. I need slim, narrow, plastic body axles etc.

Since I am a Newb, I don`t know the proper names of each part OR how they go together, PLEASE expect alot of beginner questions and take a deep breath before answering me.

Any links / pictures would be GREATLY Appeciated. And I have already posted on another site 4x4, Sorry, Can`t ever get too much help.

Thanks Again for All Your help.

George

Last edited by george; 03-24-2012 at 05:30 PM.