Thread: Ford HN80
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 12:31 PM

Quad-Dog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ford HN80

Ok, I now got some more info.
I decided to write an email to the manufacturer of the small sleepers (sleekline). Within less than a couple of hours I think I received a reply explaining what the go is with the small sleepers. Apearently such small boxes have a fold down section to turn the bed into a legal sized sleeper and it says that a bed has to be 600mm wide. If not it is only called a rest cab. He also confirmed that 16 inches is the width outside.

So when I decided to make the sleeper I only sticked to what I still could remember, had a look on the page of the manufacturer, read 16 inches and for some reason thought that the white/yellow Sterling has a 16 inch sleeper. I imported the picture last night into a program and it seems that this one is a little bit bigger than 16 inches. This is usually how I do it and I can´t explain why I didn´t do it. So at the moment I´m wondering about machining a new one as I´d like to have the on in the photo rather than the 16 inch box.

To show at least one picture today, I´ve been thinking about what taillights to use. As far as I know the latest Sterling models had much smaller lights the ones with the black frame around it.
But for the moment I only got those ready:

We´ll see if they end up on the prime mover or on a trailer.

Ok, one more photo for today
I got a whole selection to chose from:
3 lights, 4 lights, integrated reverse light.
So I might just have a look what sort fits the best.