View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 04:30 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Integy axles for Tamiya semi's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
Do these work with all Tamiya trucks, or just American trucks?
Look real nice though.
All Tamiya semi kits use the same basic drive train. The only real differences are the springs on the rear of the single axle trucks and an extra bracket on the shift rod of some of the trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
How sharp is the steering angle on the driven front axle? Looks like the knuckles have a ton of throw, but can the u-joints handle all of it, without binding up?

The pinion gear housings look pretty strange. The big silver cone in front of the differential carrier. I don't know if I like that so much. Can't complain though. Like you said, another option is good.
The tires will hit the springs before the knuckles will bind. It will turn sharper than the stock set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbuilder View Post
? , is the tie rod part of the kit ?
Yes the tie rod is part of the kit as well as a couple drive shafts. I am not sure why unless Integy has something else they are going to release, for including drive shafts. The shorter shaft is solid it does not telescope. Here is a good pic of all that is included.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11