View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Journeyman

Lmackattack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wedico Rear Suspension

claus that set up looks great.! I like how the axels have all that room for articulation under the frame rail. its also a center point style that gives the most amount of travel. model air ride just don't cut it in my opinion if you plan to off road the truck.. Most 1:1 spring ride trucks only have about 8" of travel air ride has less...I think our models need much more travel for some of the off road stuff we do with them.....

Question....will your set up have the driveshaft issues that the Tamiya trucks have? The issue I always see with my tamiyas tandem spring ride is with how they are limited in travel due to the short length of the inter axel driveshaft. add a load and the frame is resting on the axels. the only way I see that this can be fixed is with a longer spread, longer driveshaft or some how let the axels piviot only in the center and let the front long driveshaft u joint take up the interaxel driveshaft issue. also will need a beam or stiff springs to keep sagging at a minimum.

Thanks for sharing the pics.