View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Zimms Customs

Default Scratch Build of W900L - Simulated Air Ride Suspension - Scale 53' Trailer

I started by getting some parts and piecing this together. I made my own frame rails and got the other bits fairly cheap. I have the beginnings of the tranny, but also have a tranny from a Revo 3.3. I am toying around with the idea of putting this in there, 2 speed tranny with reverse and it is automatic as well. I am still not sure on this though. I am going to make it with the Studio Sleeper with a National Carriers Trailer, 53' to scale with the reefer. I am wanting to make the trailer lights and all to be wireless, found a great site to be able to do that. I am also working on the idea of getting the sound of a reefer turning on and off and running to a digital recording so a company I found can put it in a chip and then I can also have those sounds. I know the MFU would not work with an automatic tranny, so I may scratch that idea. From my previous posts, you may know that I am one that loves to do my homework before I jump into anything. I am trying to sell off my 1/10 Tamiya F150 Crew Cab and the trailer I made to go with it to fund this project. I am also going to be selling my 1/8 buggy when I get it done. Got a lot going on, I just love to build these things, playing is fun, but the journey is 99% of the pure enjoyment.

Sorry to rattle on, enjoy the pics of what I have so far. Oh yeah, I am using Axial AX10 axles for this thing.

This is the look I am going for.

My dad drove for a company called Trans Am, which was started by the son of the owner of National Carriers. I just always like these guys better, seemed to be more classy and they started right in Kansas.