Thread: Todays Rant
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:18 AM

Trucker47 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Todays Rant

Well i waited a day and started fresh today with new material and it was a success! I had to make an electric actuator with 1.75" stroke. I measured everything, did it right the first time and when it was all assembled it worked perfectly! I'll try to take a picture tomorrow to show you guys what i made.

SANDCRAFT TRANSPORT - yea i was running thin on patience that day hahaha. I geuss after 8 hours alone working in the shop with everything going wrong i got a little ancy.

td9cycle - So far i think i've got easily 100 hours in the shop, probably half on my drill press/makeshift lathe/light duty home made milling machine, 100 on my computer designing it and probably 24 writing the report; i think its up to 300 words or something like that.

Heavy Metal - Oh man! I think thats when i would just get extremely angry and walk out.

9W Monighan - Yeup thats usally the case, i get excited since its almost all done and overlook a step on the last piece and it all goes downhill from there.

tc1cat - $12,000 dollars?!? What are you making? must be cool if its that pricey. Hahaha yes i've been there and done that. You always think it will work just barely, but in reality it won't, doesn't and ruines what you working on. Like when i was tapping the 10-24 thread the tap i had; snapped so i thought, "i'll just use half of it, it SHOULD work". Well lets just say the hole got ruined and the broken tap landed in the neighbors yard

9W Monighan - Yea i love Pink Floyd so i turn on some Dark Side of The Moon, lie down and relax.