RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Australian Rigs & Roadtrains

Australian Rigs & Roadtrains A place for aussies to show off their unique truck configurations.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Quad-Dog is on a distinguished road
Default Ford HN80

G´Day everyone.

After some time of just reading and having a look at your trucks I decided to open a new topic.
I bought the Tamiya Aeromax about two years ago. The idea was to learn how to use cad software making some oz style parts for it.
The sleeper that comes with it was of course much to big for an australian truck.
First I had the idea of making a daycab panel for it. Drawings are ready but some of you have already come up with it.
About 3 years ago I met a truck driver from Coonabarabran, NSW driving a Sterling with a rather luxerious sleeper. I forgot to take at least one photo so I had to have a look around on the internet. So I decided to let my driver have some more room during the night not forcing him to get out the swag if he can´t return on the same day
Last week I finally fired up the mill and machined the first part.

I can´t handle the imperial system but those of you who can I think it is an incredible 16" sleeper.
It is all 3D machined havn´t even used sandpaper
Little accident on the one part as you can see. Still thinking about fixing it. Might just make another one
Hope you like it.