View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Idea for something to do at truck shows. Truck Pulling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Control Trucker View Post
Hi guys. I know that I'm way out in California, but I've given events some long thought for some time now and I've a couple of ideas that you may already be using. If you aren't you might like to entertain them.

My first idea was that at any event, the public would feel more involved if there was a public truck show where they could vote on their favorite choice for best show. Then at the end of the event have an announcement of the top three winners.

My second idea was to have competitions based on the CDL driving test required by the DMV. It would involve at least three events: 1) Parallel Parking where you have to back the trailer into a space at a 90-degree, 2) Making a Right-hand-turn as close to the cone as possible without hitting the cone, and 3) Straight Backing between a set of at least six cones, three on each side of the trailer without hitting any of them, and one at the very back without backing over it.

The judging could be based on a point system. It shouldn't be hard to work out the details if you were interested. I'm sure that it would be great fun in addition to the truck-pulling competition.

RCT
Thanks for bringing this up as the East Coast guys have done both. The truck driving competition is always good for a laugh and the voting for the truck is also a lot of fun. Both of these are great ideas to bring the participants and the public together and have a good time.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11