RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

JAMMER is on a distinguished road
Default Eagle Machine

Well I was going to buy a loader and dozer from them for $7000.00 dollars through Paypal but now I not going to buy anything from them. They first after saying OK to the $ 7000.00 they changed the game plan and want $ 7300.00 for them. After going back and forth with them they said they checked my Paypal account and I don't have a balance, HELLO I pay off my bills off every month. Now they want a Bank Transfer or Alibaba do not trust either I wanted the Paypal for the security. Tang said they have good feed back right they don't have any on there site or Alibaba and RC4WD isn't any better it seems you can't trust any of them they are not reputable companies you have to take your chances. TO ALL BEWARE. Ed
Old 12-16-2015, 06:37 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Eagle Machine

How is it they can check your balance in your PayPal account?

Joe
Old 12-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
How is it they can check your balance in your PayPal account?
I was thinking the same thing! WTF is with that?
Old 12-17-2015, 12:50 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well Joe I called Paypal about that and they said they couldn't but I don't believe Paypal either. I wrote this Tang back and said if he had thought about it if I buy things on Paypal and have no balance it must mean I pay them off every mouth, Hello. He wrote me about feedback witch they haven't any on Alibaba I checked with them. There loss is my gain I just saved $7000.00 dollars for something else. Ed
Old 12-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Reg Do not trust Paypal I brought Fraud charges against them for using my social security info to get a credit report and credit score with out my written or oral permission great world we live in they keep telling keep your information secure and they are giving it out at will. Nothing is secure today. Ed
Old 12-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer is on a distinguished road

Bummer about your experience with Eagle. I have nothing but good things to say about Tang he has helped me numerous times with good communication when I ordered my 4200. I have used paypal for practically all online transactions for many years now, but always use my credit card and not my bank account. Visa will protect you much more then paypal will.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Northern Farmer Visa will not protect you with a bank transfer or Alibaba. I wanted then to put the same description on the Paypal money request that way I would be covered but they said it is on there web site and that is no good when it comes to Paypal it has to be on the request. I check with Alibaba and what a joke they are they said to be careful with who you do business to check there feed back witch there is none on Alibaba or Eagles website. You were lucky I would not do business with them at all. Ed
Old 12-17-2015, 11:19 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

When you checkout with paypal you have the option of using another method of payment besides your bank account why I use my Visa and yes they will protect you where ever you makes purchases world wide. Here's your feedback http://www.aliexpress.com/store/feed...re/347552.html
Old 12-17-2015, 03:49 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

If you have a credit card from pay pay they have every right to check your credit history. If you are simply using pay pal as an intermediary (Using another credit card) they don't and wouldn't check your credit history. But to be legal, anyone where you have an application of credit has the legal right and should check perspective borrowers. PayPal is a reputable broker, if that's the way you were paying. But this does sound rather odd, something is amiss. Credit history and credit limit are two different entities. Rc4wd would have no interest in your history. Only way PayPal would need lending history reports were if you were applying for a credit account (credit card). Personally anything on alibaba that requires a bank transfer is extremely high fraud risk. Banks, credit card companies, and PayPal all have buyer protection protocols. Bank transfers are simply that, no more no less. One bank transfer monies to another. If a trade/promise/bill of sale was attached to that it is irrelevant. It's not a goods or services exchange. You are giving someone else money under the honor code, crooks love that!! I believe I did a transfer with rc4wd for my excavator and was completely understanding that I may never have seen that money or excavator. But they were a legit company and I know first hand other people made excavator purchases that way. It's high risk but I did what I could, phone calls emails, some sliver of a bill of sale. Personally I don't trust any alibaba and would
Definately not buy unless using a PayPal
Old 12-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

You are wrong there. If you do not use a Paypal account you are not protected the only protection is your card and the only protect your payment to paypal not for the merchandise but that changes if you have a Paypal account then they will help with the merchandise. I checked that all out when I desired to buy from Eagle Machinery. Like they say buy American and then check thing out before you buy like they say buyer beware and I am year weary. I had that bad experience with Burnett on a 1/12 scale dozer and 1/12 scale excavator I had to get a German lawyer and take him to court there but he had to give me my money back with interest, pay the court cost and pay for my lawyer it was quit an ordeal. Ed
Old 12-17-2015, 05:01 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Aliexpress is the new eBay. I see no difference buying from either website. As long as the seller has a good feedback score and hasn't started selling the day prior I wouldn't worry about it. Carefully read descriptions of what your buying and if you have questions contact the seller.

I believe the highest risk transactions you can make online are on forums. I've been burned in the past from fellow members because you have to go out on a limb and hope the other person is trust worthy and not a scam artist.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:08 PM
Wannabe

thebigo is on a distinguished road

Bought my Loader, dump truck, and excavator from RC4wd, Had no problems whatsoever. It's weard because it seams like there are others that just don't like them or have had problems with them?

One thing with these Chinese machines is that it takes longer to get part's than the europeans. I will say, that rc4wd get's me everything I need.

David
Old 12-18-2015, 08:54 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMER View Post
You are wrong there. If you do not use a Paypal account you are not protected the only protection is your card and the only protect your payment to paypal not for the merchandise but that changes if you have a Paypal account then they will help with the merchandise. I checked that all out when I desired to buy from Eagle Machinery. Like they say buy American and then check thing out before you buy like they say buyer beware and I am year weary. I had that bad experience with Burnett on a 1/12 scale dozer and 1/12 scale excavator I had to get a German lawyer and take him to court there but he had to give me my money back with interest, pay the court cost and pay for my lawyer it was quit an ordeal. Ed
Sorry Ed, I must be misunderstanding, I've dealt with both PayPal and major credit card companies in some cases of fraud, both scam and misleading sales. It's never a good thing!!! I hope you are able to find some even ground with them and get those pieces of equipment!! I would like to hear from ya on how the new dozer is!! Either way I'm sure you'll do what you can, just hope it works out and ya get them sitting under the tree!!
Old 12-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

No Cooper it isn't going to happen. I have had several email back and forth with them and I don't trust them they act just like Barnett did when I tried to buy the 1/12 scale dozer and excavator and I am not going through that again. They can keep there equipment and I will keep my money I don't need the hassle. Ed
Old 12-19-2015, 03:51 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Sorry to learn about your experience concerning aiming for this deal. You are naturally fully entitled to spend your money elsewhere. I am pretty sure there was no 'intention of fraud' from any of the parties involved here at all, but rather misunderstandings regarding payment channels. The company has been in business for at least 4-5 years and sold hundreds of their machines all over the world and put lots of effort into developing new equipment it seams, as the recent fine dozer.
I don't mean to be a 'viceguy', but I guess most of us that has been using PayPal are aware of their fee of 3-4%. So in order for the receiver to get 7000, one needs to send a higher amount, like 7200-7300 (I don't have the exact fees at hand). With bank transfer the fee is usually quite much less. I personally like the so called 'safety', which I have no experience with so far, of using PayPal, but it has a cost naturally. (I've bought a couple of RC cars on Ebay, from private persons in Germany, and they asked me to do a bank transfer. I was not very comfortable with it, but seeing the sellers had been on ebay for years, and with good ratings, and it all went well in these cases. But sending money abroad like this to private persons, is something I don't recommend. When I later learned that Ebay take 10% in fee from the seller (not for large goods like automobiles and so on), and in addition to 3-4% for PayPal, I understand the quest for an bank transfer with an relative small fixed fee involved)

Last edited by Rimrock; 12-19-2015 at 04:11 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Well Rimrock not to wear this out when someone says they will do the deal for $7000.00 and then comes back with another number it tells me they don't know what there doing ore they why are trying a scam. If I told you $7000.00 that what it would be if I wanted extra for shipping and Paypal fees I would have told you that before I said I would do it for the $7000.00 but they didn't. Ed
Old 12-19-2015, 09:48 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post
Sorry to learn about your experience concerning aiming for this deal. You are naturally fully entitled to spend your money elsewhere. I am pretty sure there was no 'intention of fraud' from any of the parties involved here at all, but rather misunderstandings regarding payment channels. The company has been in business for at least 4-5 years and sold hundreds of their machines all over the world and put lots of effort into developing new equipment it seams, as the recent fine dozer.
I don't mean to be a 'viceguy', but I guess most of us that has been using PayPal are aware of their fee of 3-4%. So in order for the receiver to get 7000, one needs to send a higher amount, like 7200-7300 (I don't have the exact fees at hand). With bank transfer the fee is usually quite much less. I personally like the so called 'safety', which I have no experience with so far, of using PayPal, but it has a cost naturally. (I've bought a couple of RC cars on Ebay, from private persons in Germany, and they asked me to do a bank transfer. I was not very comfortable with it, but seeing the sellers had been on ebay for years, and with good ratings, and it all went well in these cases. But sending money abroad like this to private persons, is something I don't recommend. When I later learned that Ebay take 10% in fee from the seller (not for large goods like automobiles and so on), and in addition to 3-4% for PayPal, I understand the quest for an bank transfer with an relative small fixed fee involved)
You are absolutely right. To use PayPal they are losing 3.9% off of the ticket price in this situation. I don't know what the rate is for a bank transfer but I am sure it's much less if anything at all. If you collect the money for shipping, the PayPal fee also comes off of that amount so you lose again there. Another thing with PayPal is that the buyer has 180 days to file a claim against the seller. So basically, 5 1/2 months from now a buyer can say you did something wrong as a seller and PayPal will take the money back from you until it gets sorted out. Buyer has product, PayPal takes back the money and holds it, and seller has nothing other than being left with a mad scramble to prove you did nothing wrong so that you get the money back. I think having 6 months to file a claim is ridiculous but that's the rules so I'm sure it's another reason they don't like PayPal. With my little business it is the easiest system to use but losing 2.9-3.9% off of everything including shipping charges hurts. Whether you are small potatoes like me or big like Eagle, it makes a difference. I think if they were scamming people with the bank transfer, they would be out of business already because bad news travels fast.

I don't blame you for being a little mifted Ed. A deal should be a deal but it sounds like the left hand didn't know what the right was doing in this case.

Last edited by RCP57; 12-19-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:52 AM
Wannabe

Agree with you that it is untidy to first agree upon 7K, then later on raise it to 7.3K, without stating a particular reason. Seams they don't are much familiar with PayPal, which is may not offered in what appears being their webshop, at alibaba, I don't know. Well, anyway, the most important thing is to feel comfortable with a deal, and better stay away if not, so you did what felt best for you.
Generally I won't be too concerned about dealing with companies that have been around a while in the business and have a quite well known name, like rc4wd, eagle and so on. But regarding new companies and private persons, one should be aware.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
You are absolutely right. To use PayPal they are losing 3.9% off of the ticket price in this situation. I don't know what the rate is for a bank transfer but I am sure it's much less if anything at all. If you collect the money for shipping, the PayPal fee also comes off of that amount so you lose again there. Another thing with PayPal is that the buyer has 180 days to file a claim against the seller. So basically, 5 1/2 months from now a buyer can say you did something wrong as a seller and PayPal will take the money back from you until it gets sorted out. Buyer has product, PayPal takes back the money and holds it, and seller has nothing other than being left with a mad scramble to prove you did nothing wrong so that you get the money back. I think having 6 months to file a claim is ridiculous but that's the rules so I'm sure it's another reason they don't like PayPal. With my little business it is the easiest system to use but losing 2.9-3.9% off of everything including shipping charges hurts. Whether you are small potatoes like me or big like Eagle, it makes a difference. I think if they were scamming people with the bank transfer, they would be out of business already because bad news travels fast.

I don't blame you for being a little mifted Ed. A deal should be a deal but it sounds like the left hand didn't know what the right was doing in this case.
I'm planning to expand my small RC business a bit, and looking at the option of Paypal, especially when it comes to international sales. Reading more about it on the web now, it seams that buyers have more protection than sellers. It's quite scary that a buyer can mess around with a product for like 5 months, then file a claim and so on. I am not so eager about Paypal, as it can be quite risky, and expensive, for honest sellers. But as for me as a buyer at e.g. ebay, it's quick and easy with Paypal, and one have this feeling of 'safety'. I guess most companies like Premacon, Fumotec, Eagle, prefers bank transfere in advance. And as you say, it's a small world in this hobby, and word goes quick around..