RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 05-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Journeyman

Kaf343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stahl Dozer drive motor help

So I bought a used Stahl Dozer and right after binding my DX 8 to it one of the drive motors smoked. I removed the motor, took the end cap off and noticed one of the what looks like capacitors inside of it smoked. Anyway I need to get a replacement motor for it, any ideas of were to start looking would be helpfull and appriciated. I've ordered a few geared motors from Palolu that look to be the same size but would like to just replace the motor if possible.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:01 AM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stahl Dozer drive motor help

you could try Conrad electronic if you know the motors part number or simply do a search using Google with the motor and gearbox part number
http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/Welcome.html

I did this with my Stahl loading shovel when one of the motors gave up and the blue smoke appeared

Last edited by Brel; 05-09-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:34 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

You can replace the motor with a 380 sized motor. Just be carfull and remove the pinion from the old motor and press it on the 380. The gearbox has the right paturn to mount the motor. Dont be decived buy the 380 being smaller it will have way more torque than the original. I found this out after i replaced mine when I smoked them. Conrad does have the originals and they are the 200:1 gear ratio. The original motors have to have a big deadband at nutral if not the motor sits there with just a slight load on it and it heats up and smokes those capaciters on the inside. I to was suprised to see the capasitors on the inside when I smoked my first motor. The 380 motor will also give you some more speed as well as more power than the stock motor had on the gear box.

Here is a link to conrad for the original gear motor it is a modelcraft RB 35 1:200

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/...omSuggest=true

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 05-10-2015, 12:45 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brel View Post
you could try Conrad electronic if you know the motors part number or simply do a search using Google with the motor and gearbox part number
http://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/Welcome.html

I did this with my Stahl loading shovel when one of the motors gave up and the blue smoke appeared
Blue smoke is never good, thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhhstix View Post
You can replace the motor with a 380 sized motor. Just be carfull and remove the pinion from the old motor and press it on the 380. The gearbox has the right paturn to mount the motor. Dont be decived buy the 380 being smaller it will have way more torque than the original. I found this out after i replaced mine when I smoked them. Conrad does have the originals and they are the 200:1 gear ratio. The original motors have to have a big deadband at nutral if not the motor sits there with just a slight load on it and it heats up and smokes those capaciters on the inside. I to was suprised to see the capasitors on the inside when I smoked my first motor. The 380 motor will also give you some more speed as well as more power than the stock motor had on the gear box.

Here is a link to conrad for the original gear motor it is a modelcraft RB 35 1:200

http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/...omSuggest=true

Travis
Travis,

Thanks so much for the information, I was starting to think I had a 12 ib paper weight, lol. I just ordered a few of the replacement motors and some 380 can motors as well. I will either have enough parts to fix it or get my self in trouble. Either way I'm moving forward.

Thanks again,
Keith
Old 05-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

bigford is an unknown quantity at this point

it always fun getting into trouble. post up some pics
Old 05-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigford View Post
it always fun getting into trouble. post up some pics
Will do, I'll start a thread on the re build of it.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:48 AM
Wannabe

Brel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaf343 View Post
Will do, I'll start a thread on the re build of it.
looking forwards to the re-build thread