RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 04-07-2016, 12:08 AM

crusher is on a distinguished road
Question hyd pump question

Hi I am looking at the Magom pump and motor for the hyd to use on a cat 320b excavator I am building approx. 10% scale. The pump number is MG-503053 advertised to put out 18bars pressure. I am completely in the dark on hydraulics and would greatly appreciate any guidance you can offer.
Thank you
Terry
Old 04-07-2016, 09:18 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: hyd pump question

Doesn't say what volume per minute the pump is, what volume reservoir capacity is?

320 is a medium size hoe, similar to the Stahl/Leimbach 922 model, which used a 350ml/min pump.

Joe
Old 04-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

The Magompump you refer to would fit alright in a 320 in 1:14-1:16 scale, but if we're talking about scale 1:10, I would look for something bigger. A 320 in 1:10 will be like 20 kgs weight, similar size as the RC4WD XL4200. Pump 600-900 ml/min is a typical preferred size. Magom has got much fine stuff, but to be honest, their pumps generally seams to have some way to go still..But for low budget builds, one can possible live a while with some more or less 'flaws'. The one you refer to is a version without the motor. There is another one complete with the motor. Big noice. (Not always 18 bar 'out of the box', my friend's pump delivered max 10 bar, but he got 18 out of it after opening the pump and did some 'sanding' inside) Cylinders are ok. Small valve blocks; often leakage. Biggest valve block, possible better. The german Leimbach hydraulics is of higher quality, and would have better options than the Magom you refer to. But for 600-900 ml/min pump, it better go for the good stuff at once, Premacon or Fumotech of Germany. Relative expensive compared to Magom naturally, but one will save oneself for a lot of frustration by from day 1 putting in some hydraulics that really are able to work, day after day, without bigger problems. Hydraulic fittings, M5, for hoses Ø4x2.5 will be what you should look for. The hydraulics and electronics are the most expensive parts of a RC excavator, and since this is your first RC construction machine scratch build (?) I would suggest get going on the excavator structure at first, and wait until nearly finish with that step, then purchase the expensive stuff in the end

Last edited by Rimrock; 04-07-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:55 PM

crusher is on a distinguished road

Thank you guys for your insight on my hyd questions, I think I will take your advice and wait till I can afford larger setup.
Terry
Old 04-10-2016, 03:58 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road

Glad to help. When you feel ready, you can create your own building thread here at the forum, and get input, questions/answers concerning your project gathered there as you go along, showing pictures and so on) The project seams to be mentioned as both CAT 230b, 320b, 930 in your recent threads (?), but by seeing a specific build thread we will more clearly see what model it will be and the actual size of it, and will be easier to give specific advices concerning details as pump etc.

Last edited by Rimrock; 04-10-2016 at 04:16 AM.