RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Green Horn

Panther F is on a distinguished road
Red face Is there a FORD 800 Tilt Cab?

I'm still searching and reaching I guess with this question. Was looking through a few library books and was wondering if anyone made this body option to fit a RC truck, the FORD 800 Tilt Cab?

Since I do not own the truck kit yet I thought I'd see what I really wanted and then go from there.

I bet I'm asking for too much.

~ Jeff
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is there a FORD 800 Tilt Cab?

If your asking if its made by any manufacturers, the answer is no. But it is a definete possiblity to make one or have one of the great bodymen here make one for you. I like that its a different style to, keeps it origional and different

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scalelover; 02-02-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Green Horn

Default Re: Is there a FORD 800 or 600 Tilt Cab?

I wouldn't know where to start on having one made, nor what to expect on the costs involved. It would have to be darn near universal for I don't even have a truck kit yet for it to fit on.

I'm sure I'm no different than the rest here but if I am to invest in a huge cost on a truck then it should be unique and one of a kind.

Thanks for the reply!

~ Jeff
Old 02-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Journeyman

What year F-800 were you looking at building? i was looking at some and the 70s model you could probably start with the aeromax as a base and modify it from there. expense wise the available bodys are not too expensive maybe 100.00 with all the extras to go with them, and styrene is available in all different sizes shapes and costs. The biggest thing is time and patience in modifying a current cab or starting from scratch.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Green Horn

Lightbulb Re: Is there a FORD 800 Tilt Cab?

Thanks Dan but I really don't have a particular year in mind. I saw an 800, then a 600 and just went with the first series number I found.

Actually it was on an old episode of Mission Impossible that the 800 was on, then an eBay search I later discovered other series designations and I really don't see or feel that big a difference.

So, what is it you've got now as far as a tip? I can go for something like that if I get pointed in the right direction, and with a swift kick in the rear too!

Thanks for any help!

~ Jeff
Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Journeyman

I overlooked the tilt cab portion earlier and my recommendation of the aeromax would not work very well, its more of an f series starter than c series.

For the c series its alot more bull nosed so a midnight pumpkin body would work, it could still take some modding because through the years of the c series their were quite some changes from round nosed to flat nosed so I'd really narrow your choice down to a specific one and research it thoroughly and get a lot of pics. Then get your styrene and possibly a cab to start the build.

If you get in touch with Bullitt, he did a custom COE build and may have some good insight for you heres his build

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20801

or this one

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...read.php?t=268

--Dan

Last edited by scalelover; 02-02-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:54 AM
Green Horn

Thumbs up Re: Is there a FORD 800 Tilt Cab?

Thanks Dan for those references and your time! I have a little time to think and appreciate the help.

~ Jeff
Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Green Horn

civic83 is on a distinguished road

I modified a midnight pumpkin body as well it was pretty easy and looks ok on tamiya chassis components. You can find my build on here in the trucks section