RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Tech section. > Truck Building Tech

Truck Building Tech Covers mechanical and electrical components for truck modeling

Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Wannabe

CorbettTrailers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bearings

My trailers have them but None are installed in my truck.
ECMT Members: Join your Group. Go to your username in the top right corner of the page and click on it. When your profile opens go down to group memberships, Click on East Coast Mini Truckers, The social group will open and scroll down And in the middle it you will see "Join Group" Click on it and then confirm that you REALLY wanna join.
[SIZE="2"]
Old 09-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

If your going to use your truck like a truck,leave the bearings at the hobby shop. I plow a lot of snow w/my trucks,& learned early the bearings are a waist of money.Unless you plan on oiling the bearings every time the truck gets used for real. Have one truck that I use to keep my sidewalks clear with.At the end of last season,the truck sat for two weeks.Went to use it & it would hardly move because the bearings in axles rusted up.
I'm now a bushing guy!
Also be careful useing bearings under shift hubs in trany. They can wreck main shaft,from sliding on shaft. There made to spin,not slide on shaft.
FGD
Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 AM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough

DO NOT USE BALL BEARINGS IN THE SHIFT HUBS they are not designed to slide . the id tolerance is tighter then the bushings and can cause shift problems .

IHSteve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

tc1cat is on a distinguished road

WOW!! I must really be in the minority. I use bearings everywhere there is a bushing. Did lots of R/C car racing and it was a must then so I just kept on using bearings. I raced on dirt, asphalt, cement and on carpet. No comparison between cars with bearing and one with bushings. Bearings always ruled. Only drawback to bearings in the trucks and in the tanks, is you have to get bearings that have plastic compatable grease in them or you will destroy the wheels on a truck or the roadwheels on a tank.