RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:16 PM

hougie is on a distinguished road
Default Where are these things available?

Hey guys, i've been searching the forum all day looking for a couple things and came up with a couple things but not everything i'm looking for. First it frame rails, I understand someone one here ( i believe tamiya cowboy ) sells them. But are there alternatives to buying actual frame rails, Something from rona or something? I'm looking to start my trailer and am on a tight budget for a while (Two root canals). The other thing is tires, I'm looking for grip tires and came across rc4wd in the forums, Are there other places to buy them?

Marc
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are these things available?

You can get frame rails from Paul or contact Rick at gardentrucking.com. I would suggest calling him because he can tell you more about them but his rails are perfect. There is absolutely no modification required to any of the stock Tamiya parts to get them to fit and they come very well packaged. I believe he just sells them in 36" lengths and you cut them to your specific needs.

As for tires, RC4WD has some really good tires and the compound is great as well. You can also find some integy ones on Towerhobbies but I have no experience with them or haven't heard anything about them yet.

Good luck and hope that helps you out some.

Tyler
Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 PM

hougie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are these things available?

Thank you for your reply tyler, What is the standard size for frame rails? I've gotta pick up some plate steel from the steel shop so i'll ask what size channel they've got.

Marc