RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:14 PM

Clint307 is on a distinguished road
Default Receiver issues

Okay so I have a JR XP642 radio and a R600 receiver and the TEU-302BK speed control that I bought for the King Hauler won't link up to it but I tried a Futaba T6EXA and a FP-R127DF receiver and had no issues. Can anyone give me any info on getting the JR unit linked and working?
Maybe I should stick to gas!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Receiver issues

One of the first things you should check is to make sure the receiver and radio both have the same frequency and channel. Look at the radio and receiver crystals. They should be labeled with the channel. If they don't match, they will not communicate with each other.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 AM

Yeah I know all about the crystals and frequency chips and that's not the problem the JR radio is on channel 34 matching crystal in the receiver the Futada radio is on channel 50 again matching crystal in the receiver! I went to 2.4 ghz because I fly extreme 3d aircraft and the frequency crystals were allowing too much interference and I lost 3 airplanes totaling 5400 dollars so yeah I know about crystals. The speed control unit linked with the Futaba with no problem but it will not link to the jail are! Any help?
Old 12-14-2012, 04:32 AM
Green Horn

FlyingBeagle is on a distinguished road

This is just a total guess, but is it possible that the sub trims on the channel are set too low. I have run into that before with an optical kill for an ignition for a gas airplane engine. It would not recognize the signal because even with the switch on, the signal strength was still below the threshold for activiating the kill switch.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 AM

You know I just never thought of that side of it I figured Electric and gas didn't need the same functions but I will look into that and go from there . Thanks for the help!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

If it's a computer radio, Clint, you should just do a model reset on it, and start fresh, with new programming.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 AM

Well nothing has worked with this radio and receiver so im at a loss with this, I plugged it into my airplane and it works just fine but im not even getting any movement out of the servos on the truck! Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Are you running different brand servos in the airplane, vs. the truck? JR uses some different servo lead connectors then everyone else. Perhaps the connector pins aren't fitting right, into the receiver, and/or maybe the pin-out is backwards.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 AM

I cant say I've ever had a problem but there again I've never delt with electrics and speed controls so I guess I don't have a clue whats wrong, the servos work fine in the receiver the speed control is the issue at hand. It will not link for some reason and yeah I've tried everything to make it work with this radeo. What does everone use for a radeo system? Whats the best option out there that will work with the mfu, lights and extras like the auto legs and the products ss-tronic sells?
Old 12-20-2012, 05:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Clint, most ESCs work just like a servo, except many have to calibrated, before they function properly. For that, you may have to follow the instructions in the manual. If the ESC works with your Futaba radio, then you probably have something going on with the JR radio programming. What that would be, I'm not sure. I run Futaba radio gear in all my models, so I can't help you to much with the JR stuff. I'm pretty much out of ideas.