RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Kings of the Road > Highway Trucks and Trailers

Highway Trucks and Trailers On road trucks and trailers single and twin axle trucks.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 AM

coligny is on a distinguished road
Default Prepping for winter...

Take hours to build (still need one pair for the King Hauler).

A pita to put on...

But looks quite good...

Ice and snow chains...
Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Prepping for winter...

Looks good!
Are those links welded?
They kinda look like jewelry chains.
If they are,ain't your ole-lady gunna kill you when she see's you had your meat hooks in her jewelry box?
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive View Post
Looks good!
Are those links welded?
They kinda look like jewelry chains.
If they are,ain't your ole-lady gunna kill you when she see's you had your meat hooks in her jewelry box?
FGD

The links are held with 3 mm diameter keyholder style loop rings (sort of spring steel).
Chains are hardware store chromed chains (restrain for furniture doors/ drawers). Maybe S.M. undergarment style but definately not necklace grade.
Hooks are 100Yens shop DIY necklace hooks. Remaining from my steampunk wannabee days... Before the hipsters start running the asylum...

Just need some snow... which is not exactly common where I live...
Old 11-03-2011, 10:53 AM

IceDog is on a distinguished road

Great job on the chains m8 looks awsome
Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

BRICKNICK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coligny View Post
The links are held with 3 mm diameter keyholder style loop rings (sort of spring steel).
Chains are hardware store chromed chains (restrain for furniture doors/ drawers). Maybe S.M. undergarment style but definately not necklace grade.
Hooks are 100Yens shop DIY necklace hooks. Remaining from my steampunk wannabee days... Before the hipsters start running the asylum...

Just need some snow... which is not exactly common where I live...

Those chains look great nice job. If you dont mind me asking, what did you make during your steam punk days? I'm a little intrigued by the whole steam punk and diesel punk stuff myself.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Hey Fred, I think mine would freak when she seen it driving across the wood floors!
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Admin RIP FGD 2-12-59/12-19-11

FreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the roughFreddyGearDrive is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus View Post
Hey Fred, I think mine would freak when she seen it driving across the wood floors!
I'm not aloud to do any vids in the kitchen anymore.
FGD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyGearDrive View Post
I'm not aloud to do any vids in the kitchen anymore.
FGD
Dang the luck!

Cheer's, Neil.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICKNICK View Post
Those chains look great nice job. If you dont mind me asking, what did you make during your steam punk days? I'm a little intrigued by the whole steam punk and diesel punk stuff myself.
Thanks for the nice comments folks...

/threadjack on... Let say that 4-5 years ago it was more aboot steam and Victorian aesthetic than 'punk'. So for me, when building few things I was more inclined to use carved wood with apparent nails, screw and corner made of brass rather than go utilitarian with riveted aluminum. I still have a lab power supply enclosed in a former japanese tea ceremony set that I would call... fragile... Then... the punk side took over... places like brassgoogles became increasingly... frustrating... filled more with drama queens, attention ***** and scammers rather than craftsmen... so it was over for me... still dearly love Victorian style and furnitures... But I stay as far as possible from any community of interest on this topic...
Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by coligny View Post
Thanks for the nice comments folks...

/threadjack on... Let say that 4-5 years ago it was more aboot steam and Victorian aesthetic than 'punk'. So for me, when building few things I was more inclined to use carved wood with apparent nails, screw and corner made of brass rather than go utilitarian with riveted aluminum. I still have a lab power supply enclosed in a former japanese tea ceremony set that I would call... fragile... Then... the punk side took over... places like brassgoogles became increasingly... frustrating... filled more with drama queens, attention ***** and scammers rather than craftsmen... so it was over for me... still dearly love Victorian style and furnitures... But I stay as far as possible from any community of interest on this topic...
I hear you, im just interested in the topic. Perfect examples to me are very easily found in the movies Wild Wild West and especially The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I have googled some images a few times, and thats the depth of my research LOL.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Claus is on a distinguished road

Would the flying steam locomotive at the end of Back To The Future III be the kind of stuff you guys are talking about?
Old 11-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Kinda but not exactly, a better example would be the car in the movie League of extraordinary gentlemen, or Captain Nemos nautilus in that movie. Steam punk is a fictional time period where things were steam powerd but highly mechanically advanced. Like all of Artimus Gordons contraptions in the movie Wild Wild West. Google image search steampunk or dieselpunk. Then wikipedia search it to better understand what it is. It's hard to explain it. But you'll know it when u see it.