RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:48 PM

george is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for Free Truck Blueprints Source

Hello

Like the title says. I am looking for a source for a free download of truck plans of a couple of trucks I am looking to scratch build.

I have tried google search and each site makes you become a member and there is a charge for the 3 sided plan. I don`t like that.

Any help would be Great.

Thanks
George
Old 02-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for Free Truck Blueprints Source

What kind of trucks are you wanting to build? Finding free plans for like a Kamaz 815 won't help much if you're looking for an Autocar ACTT.

Another source to consider is papercraft models, some are scaled well and have lots of correct details to build from if you can't find dimentions
Old 02-25-2016, 11:41 PM

Hi frizzen
I`m looking for the 3 sided drawings. The trucks I`m interested in are: 2 1/2 Ton Ma Duce and a German WWII Opel 3t. Basically interested in WWII to current military. Also my scale choice is 1/16 because my R.C tanks are 1/16 and I want my trucks to be R.C and 1/16.

George
Old 02-26-2016, 02:40 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

http://drawingdatabase.com/m35-cargo-truck/
Here's a 4 view drawing of an M35 deuce-and-a-half. (a Ma Deuce is a .50 cal machine gun)

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...-for-the-Deuce
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdi...cale-Replica-s
Should be able to answer most questions
Old 02-27-2016, 01:39 AM

Hello

Thank You frizzen for your time and help.

George
Old 02-27-2016, 04:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

now that i'm not on my phone, it looks like this has drawing and some dimentions you actually asked for
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upload/M35/m35a2_camo.pdf

more dimentions here
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upload/...0-209-10-1.pdf page 48

sorry if I was a bit overkill on you, this truck I know where to learn about. I'm not sure where to start looking for the Opel 3T, and my german is rusty highschool level.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road

Found this for you on a Dutch website via a Belgian site - http://forum.battletanksbelgie.be/vi...hp?f=14&t=2778

Is for the Opel 3 ton busses, but chassis should be same.

http://www.pietvanhees.nl/blitzbus/drawings.htm

He has the original factory drawing of the chassis too:

http://www.pietvanhees.nl/blitzbus/d...is-drawing.jpg

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:11 PM

Hello

I have a question for members here. From this link: http://drawingdatabase.com/m35-cargo-truck/
How do I go about getting this plan to print out either at home OR at a Copy shop so that the print out is in 1/16 scale? That way I can use the printout like a template for my scratch build.

Thanks
George
Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 PM
Apprentice

Reasonably simple ... you print the file out at 100%. Figure out what scale the file is - you have the 1:1 measurements on the print. You can then calculate the percentage enlargement or reduction needed to print the file at 1:16 from there.

Just noticed the numbers are hard to read ...

M35 2½-ton cargo truck
Truck, Cargo, 2½ ton, 6×6, M35
Weight: 12,880 lb (5,840 kg) empty 17,880 lb (8,110 kg) loaded
Length: 274 3⁄4 in (6.98 m)
Width: 93 in (2.36 m)
Height: 111 in (2.82 m) to cab

Last edited by Rakthi; 02-27-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Apprentice

A different variation with slightly different measurements

Old 02-28-2016, 02:02 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Doing some math to convert in the pic rakthi just poasted:
Over all length: 278.25 ÷ 16 = 17.390 inches long
Width 97.75 ÷ 16 = 6.109 inch
Track width front: 67.75 ÷ 16 = 4.234 inch
Track between duals front: 70 ÷ 16 = 4.375 inch

Print it out and thats your 100% then you have to check how far off from the 1/16 numbers we just found are from your 100% numbers are to figure your correction percentage.

I know Word atleast used to let you put a picture in it and resize it to actual dimentions. Go to paint, section 1 view of the truck with the lines at the edges and save it, open in word, there should be a resize option that lets you plug in dimentions. Print and verify the size is right.

Before you get too crazy scaling this out and starting, make sure you can figure out some tires. You may make a perfect 1/16 body, but the truck has 3.3" semi tires instead of the 2.5" you need you're now sitting on scaled 53" tires instead of 40". Or 2" tires are just 32". It'd be easier to tweak the trucks up or down a bit in scale (maybe 1/14 or 1/18) than explain why you have either a low-rider or a monster truck driving around with the tanks.

What axles are you planning? Are you going to need to play around with backspacing to get it where you need?
Old 02-28-2016, 04:41 PM

Hello frizzen

Thanks for your information. There is a lot to think about. It`s ALL new to me. So many things I have not thought about, "backspacing"?????

Also just to see if I understand the scale math quote. I print out the plan from the link on regular paper. Then measure that and compare to the real size, then do the math to see the percentage I need to have that enlarged to get a 1/16 scale size to use as a blue print OR go to 1/14 BUT I know more common parts BUT 1/16 scale is what I want to make to mach my r.c tanks.

Please explain and confirm I have a clue or not.

George
Old 02-28-2016, 07:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Sorry about the scale confusion, i'm not very good at this and should probably stop 'helping'. I think you've got what i was trying to say.

Depending on what axles you go with determines what you have to do to adjust their width to what your model needs. Usually you can do a fair amount of width by just changing thicker or thinner 'wheel hexes' adding spacers or going to rims with different 'backspacing'.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/tire-whee...ckspacing.aspx. some people even narrow axles and jb weld new bearing seats, custom milled aluminum axles...

You mentiond new to this so I just wanted you to consider how to use off the shelf parts to get the build cheaper and easier, instead of having a perfect scale truck that now needs custom machined axles and rims and you have to make a mold to cast your own tires. If you have the tools, know a machinist, can get someone on here to make them, or have the money to have a shop do it, perfect! If not we can make the truck scaled to itself and pretty close to the tanks.

Say you wanted to use the 1/18 micro t-rex axle at 3.2" bearing to bearing with stubs to 3.9" as a front axle It would work better on a 1/18 since the 67.75 ÷ 18 = 3.763
remember 1/16 gave us 4.234"
Bump it to 1/14 scale 67.75 ÷ 14 = 4.839 you'd almost be able to run losi mini crawler or exceed maxstone axles.

Unfortunately i'm only seeing the model kit in 1/72, 1/48, 1/35.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:37 PM

Hi frizzen

Thanks for your help. Yes my goal is to: 1. Make 1/16 or as close as possible with mix and match [arts to make it R.C. 2. Make it as cheap as I can.

Correct me if I am wrong BUT are there no axle extension sold so a cheap slightly shorter axles could be used for my 1/16 needs?

Thanks for the help.

George
Old 02-28-2016, 10:57 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Heres an idea, but it's street tread rather than the NDT the millitary used.
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ht=lego&page=2
Lego 62.4x20 tires, you'd have to make rims, but 2.456" tall .75 wide

Also may want to check out this M35A2 build
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.co...ad.php?t=10081

Last edited by frizzen; 02-28-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:40 AM

Hi frizzen

You must be a mind reader! I have looked at that build and contacted the builder. He finally replied and seems like a really nice/helpful guy. I asked him about the axles and he told me the casings were #D created by his friend and he uses 3 modified servos without the circuit boards and they are power by an ESC, if I understood his last reply?

I don`t know how he actually made the connection from the servo to the axle shafts though.

Also, I have to admit, I am a VERY NEW computer user. The blueprint drawings I have here, I would like to print out BUT I don`t know how to go about it. I can "copy image" to my word document then print it out BUT that is as far as my experience goes. HELP!

Also I want to know, after the blueprint has been printed out OR saved to a stick, when I take it to my local print shop, what do I tell them to Enlarge the drawings out by so I get 1/16 scale paper templates?? Yes I am going for 1/16 scale.

George
Old 03-01-2016, 02:53 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I'm just going by what the thread says, but it sounds like you're right. Three servos are gutted of the pot and circuit board with the motors hooked up direct to the input wire making it into a gear-motor. The geartrain has been modified to open up to full rotation. They're then run in parallel off an esc.

If you like that route, i would ask him what servos were used and if he would be willing to share the 3D printer file, and any other details like making outputs or steering axle. There's probably someone fairly near you with a 3d printer, ask around your computer friends. Someone on this board might also, or you can have someplace like shapeways do your run.

If he doesn't want to share the file, you might check out 'thingiverse' for other 3D printable options.

Durablity of those axles is probably not as good as it would be with a normal diff, but it's not like you're going for speed or rock crawling.

I'll get some instructions posted on how to scale it, been a while since i had to do it.

If your copy or print shop is worth going to, they should be able to do the scaling of your blueprint to whatever you like. I would still take a dial caliper with me to verify they got it correct since i'm more comfortable working in thousandths vs pica. Have them print atleast 10-12 copies so you've got some to destroy for the build.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:06 PM

Hello Rakthi

In your post #10 you posted a picture of one that you said has slightly different measurements. Question I have for you is which model is the picture of and can you post some other picture variations like in Post #10 with measurements?

Thank You for your Time and Help.

George
Old 03-06-2016, 11:22 PM
Apprentice

Sorry George, can't help you. Was from a link on a website, and I didn't save it.
Maybe if you do a reverse image search on Google you might get some more information.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:05 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Try this site, http://humster3d.com/
Cheers!