RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment

Construction Equipment If it digs, pushes, hauls dirt "off road" post it here.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road
Default S&M Trucking has a new loader!

Hello everyone, I was going to post this on our trucking thread but as this forum says...it it digs, pushes dirt post here so i just wanted to share some pics and a video of this Bruder Rc conversion. I see a few points that could use some strenghting and modifying such as the center hitch could use some end plates to keep things together and where possible i want to replace those annoying plastic tabs with screws

just got it, no loading with it yet....notice i say loading not digging? lol

ok, some pics

During shipping the loader must have been upsidedown for awhile because it leaked what i thought at first was oil?..... turns out the fluid used is antifreeze!? Is that common? I was unaware of its use as a fluid power. Interesting.

heres pics of the guts. I did have it all apart already ( I thought of Dabears and how he takes apart everything he buys...lol I'm guilty too never did take pics at the time but im sure it will be opened again

you can just see the heat sinks on the two ESC's from hereand they fit nice. Everything fits nice actually, no "stuffing" required!

the Lipo 7.4V batt sits in the counterweight area which completly removable

the tank comes out easy without having to unhook the hoses

Another unique feature done to this is the wheels have been weighted. the inside of the rims are filled solid with i think a solder or dense epoxy or lead??? not sure but even though its all plastic this thing is much heavier than my truck

Too anyone considering something like this, i can tell without trying, this will only load loose light material if you want it to last any amount of time. It will serve the purpose we got it for. A means to load my wifes end dump trailer.

Cost for this loader? $1,007 Canadian, RTR ( battery was full charge out of box) with radio, charger included, shipped to my door in 23 days from date of order.

heres a vid of the first run!

http://youtu.be/zuQVOoxNWNE

thanks for looking, any and all comments welcome

Mario
Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: S&M Trucking has a new loader!

Looks good Mario,congrats on the purchase I'm sure you will use it a lot .Next youll have a couple bags of rubber in your kitchen floor hope you enjoy it
Old 01-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of

Congrats Mario I am sure you will have fun with it. The antifreeze is not common but it will work and being thinner it will make the functions move faster and you will get decent lubrication and corrosion resistance. As far as some of the issues you see you can always upgrade parts as needed.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Master Builder

rc_farmer is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the loader....looks like it handle well.

Rob
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 AM

catmack is on a distinguished road

Is the bucket and essentials metal or plastic? Looks great, did they require a deposit or payment in full at the begining?...another words, were they sitting on the shelf ready to ship?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmack View Post
Is the bucket and essentials metal or plastic? Looks great, did they require a deposit or payment in full at the begining?...another words, were they sitting on the shelf ready to ship?
Bucket is plastic, thats another reason this is not meant to dig everything is plastic! the lift cylinder barrel end mounts have been strengthen. A larger round metal plate with a groove which is the thickness of the plastic body is cut around the edge of the disc. A smaller hole is drilled in the center for the lift cylinder pin and then when you bring the upper and lower halves of the front frame together they secure the disc in place very well.
I placed the order on the 4th. He contacted me on the 6th and said the radio was on back order for a week. I had confirmation it left Spain on the 11th and in my hands by the 29th.
So I'm going to guess that he has them sitting ready to ship or that week waiting for the radio was enough time to build? He must have all the parts ready to build one maybe? Lots of stuff, 3 servos, 2 ESC , the cylinders, valve , pump..

I've read and seen lots of Bruder conversions on this site but until you get to see one up close you realize it's an amazing achievement. May not function like an all metal but still a great idea. Hmmmm, I might have to start walking the toy isle at Wal mart for a potential refit of my own

Oh, I forgot to mention. The funny thing is when I opened up the box, the guy actually packed it back in the original Bruder box the toy came in! Lol if it wasn't for the fact it weighs so much, you would swear it was just the toy.

Mario
Old 01-31-2013, 12:48 PM

foub01 is on a distinguished road

how much weight do you think this thing could lift?looks like great fun
Old 02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by foub01 View Post
how much weight do you think this thing could lift?looks like great fun
I plan on doing some weight tests this weekend to see how much. Just for fun I just tried a full can of pop and it lifted no problem....lol
Also want to test loading and unloading off of the lowboy trailer

Mario
Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Tamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura aboutTamiya Cowboy has a spectacular aura about

Very very cool!! I have been waiting on someone to get one from this builder to see how they are and it looks great and seams to run great..

Congrats Mario you are a lucky man..

HI.. My name is Paul.. And.. I.. Have a Cabover Addiction.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11 "LET IT EAT"
Like Us on Facebook "Corn Field Mafia"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Dairyland trucker's right hand man.

dabears is on a distinguished road

OOH OOH Can i take it apart??? yep i would have ripped it all to peices then put it back together just so i knew how it all worked and was built. I think it looks cool and handles well!! Like everyone said you could always replace key parts with a metal one bit by bit..
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
Very very cool!! I have been waiting on someone to get one from this builder to see how they are and it looks great and seams to run great..

Congrats Mario you are a lucky man..
Thanks Paul.
Yup, I've chosen to be the guinea pig or lab rat on this one. So far, very happy with it. Now, the question is how well and long the hydraulic system works??
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
OOH OOH Can i take it apart??? yep i would have ripped it all to peices then put it back together just so i knew how it all worked and was built. I think it looks cool and handles well!! Like everyone said you could always replace key parts with a metal one bit by bit..
I just knew you would say that Aaron. Lol. I'm serious, I chuckled to myself as I took it apart to clean up the coolant spill. Lol
Your right, the nice thing is if something breaks, that's what I reinforce and even if I destroy a body part, just gotta buy a toy loader for replacement parts!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road

looks cool mario!

you may be surprised, if you loosen up some soil it may dig a little. just have to get a ripper on a dozer or something?

it will most certainly push some snow around up there in the sault!

from the warmth of the living room to boot!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose19 View Post
looks cool mario!

you may be surprised, if you loosen up some soil it may dig a little. just have to get a ripper on a dozer or something?

it will most certainly push some snow around up there in the sault!

from the warmth of the living room to boot!
Yah, how about that cold weather this week! Lol -45f windchill is a bit beyond cold! Lol! I spent a couple on days in Moose Jaw! Brrrrrrr!
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Yah, how about that cold weather this week! Lol -45f windchill is a bit beyond cold! Lol! I spent a couple on days in Moose Jaw! Brrrrrrr!
Cheer's, Neil.
Ya, it's been bitter cold here too. But as goose suggested , I could plow snow from the comfort of the house
I guess that's another benefit of using antifreeze in the hydraulic system. I could run in the cold with no problem! lol
This is my first experience with a Lipo battery, not sure how they react in the cold and if it may do damage? I think I'll wait till spring before this loader ventures outside

Mario
Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Video update!
I pulled out the lowboy from the garage and tested loading and unloading. I tried loading before making the video to be sure I didn't screw up and I got it on the first try no problem. The video is my second run at it.
I'm very happy with the smooth control at slow speeds and the smooth stick response.

That's it for now. I can't get too caught up with the new toy when Sue's truck is not done yet weight lifting tests will have to wait

http://youtu.be/Rz5ptLnHeI0

Thanks for looking.

Mario
Old 02-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Green Horn

civic83 is on a distinguished road

wow looks great, im very jealous!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about

Looks nice. Very interesting! I'm susprised that a functional model can be built out of a cheap Bruder model. I'm amazed all the equipment to make it functional fits inside. It is hydraulic though? I'm guess it has gear motors for the axles? It seems to run nice and smooth! Congrats on the purchase.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Green Horn

Goose19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Looks nice. Very interesting! I'm susprised that a functional model can be built out of a cheap Bruder model. I'm amazed all the equipment to make it functional fits inside. It is hydraulic though? I'm guess it has gear motors for the axles? It seems to run nice and smooth! Congrats on the purchase.
it has a modified servo for each axle, link i already asked mario for the site he got it from.
i may have to look into how he did that, cant beat the prices on these things. so long as you dont plan to dig out yer basement, i think theyre a good buy!

Mario, his site says you are supposed to run antifreeze. but im wondering it it green like the car stuff?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztruck View Post
Yes it is antifreeze, not the green stuff but it is red but still antifreeze. The good thing about antifreeze/anti-boil is if it spills on your plastic it won't destroy it like some oils do.
They sell the pump cylinders and control valves separately as well. They also do a kit for the bruder excavator.

Chris
Yes, the antifreeze almost looks pink ish red. And not only will it not damage the plastic, it's a lot easier to clean up!
I was warned you must not use oil! It will damage the seals and retainers he said a couple times.

Mario