RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Vehicles Picture Gallery > 1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment

1:1 Your Semi's,Trucks and Equipment Here is a spot to share your 1:1 that you drive and or operate.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default 1915 1T Monighan Walking Dragline

A friend of mine has aquired after many years of trying to convince the owner to part with this old Monighan. As far as we know,it's the oldest walking dragline in the world. Over Thanksgiving a bunch of guys headed out to Attica,Iowa to retrieve this relic.

This picture was sent as work began. I don't have any of the loading out pictures yet but hope to get some.

I took these after it had arrived back home here in Pennsylvania.
I am going to make a few cad drawings of the parts for future reference if I ever have the urge to build a scale model.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1915 1T Monighan Walking Dragline

Cool! Glad to see it didn't get scrapped. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Cheer's, Neil.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1915 1T Monighan Walking Dragline

That's really cool! Too much of this history has been turned into Toyota's already. It's nice to see that there are some people out there with the motivation and passion to save some of it. If that is in fact the oldest one then even more so! We don't have much mining equipment here on the coast but our logging stuff is disappearing at an alarming rate. A lot of the really old stuff has been gone for years but even the surplus of off highway trucks is dwindling. As soon as they are taken out of service they are sold to another part of the world or scrapped. Soon there will be no parts left for the units that are still in service...Crazy!