RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's General Discussion. > General Discussion

General Discussion A place to post off topic discussions.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Kitbashed tamiya flatbed???

I have been searching for a bit now and I thought I ran across a thread that showed 2 flatbeds used to build a more realistic trailer. It was a sort of how too on doing it but I may be wrong?

Does anyone else remember seeing it or have a link to it?? I have 2 tam flatbeds and want to convert them into one maybe drop deck or a longer flatbed. Any help is much appreciated.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 PM

Heavy Metal Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitbashed tamiya flatbed???

I don't have any pic's as of yet, but combining 2 kits is exactly what I'm doing to get a more realistic flatbed trailer.
I measured out true scale length of a trailer and made a frame to the right length out of 2 sections of heavier (thicker) aluminum channel (should be strong enough over the longer length).
I put the hitch plate and associated plastic bits in the milling machine and cut them down slightly to account for the thicker frame peices while keeping the outside dimensions right for mounting axle / suspension. I'm goind to combine 2 sets of deck parts / wood from to Tamiya kits to build the top......clear as mud??
Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitbashed tamiya flatbed???

Thanks for the tips. I'm still looking for the other thread on another forum. Ive seen it done before just can't remember where. I like the sound of yours though so I may just give that a try

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.