RC Truck and Construction  

Go Back   RC Truck and Construction > RC Truck's Ag and Industrial Equipment and Buildings > Construction Equipment > Construction Equipment Tech

Construction Equipment Tech Hydraulics, Electronics, General Engineering, ect in constr equip

Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Journeyman

cosworth34677 is on a distinguished road
Default dose anyone sell a package kit?

dose anyone see a hydraulic kit for a excavator? like package deal with pumps valva and rams? or dose anyone know were i can get good price on parts? something with out breaking the bank!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 AM

foub01 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: dose anyone sell a package kit?

only kit i know of is this one.not sure of the quality but as a starter kit i think its ok http://translate.google.com/translat...com%2F&act=url
Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Journeyman

ok am i seeing the prices right? thats cool!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Journeyman

woodhog is on a distinguished road

I know thats not the us currency but i dont know what currency it is to do the conversion
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhog View Post
I know thats not the us currency but i dont know what currency it is to do the conversion
euro

Joe
Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
euro
even converted! that really cheep from what i see! if so im selling some old r/c stuf to get some money to start the saving.

also what dose 10bars/145 psi mean is the real world? will i be able to take it out side in the back yard and just start digging a hole. or is that go to the loacl park sandbox/catbox and dig in the softer dirt? ?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation

Sandbox @ the park

Joe
Old 01-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road

It will dig in a sandbox just fine so long as you don't hit a turd.

Seriously though it's a plastic toy and unless you are going to rebuild it all out of metal 10bar is probably all it will handle anyway. Should provide hours of fun!

Last edited by RCP57; 01-03-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
It will dig in a sandbox just fine so long as you don't hit a turd.

Seriously though it's a plastic toy and unless you are going to rebuild it all out of metal 10bar is probably all it will handle anyway.
i was going to replace the frigelli actuators im using on my custom excavator. and boom stick bucket and frame are made out of aluminum .

ya she's a little beat
Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Oh sorry I thought you were using these to convert a bruder for some reason. I feel like a dip s*** now. You may want a little more power then. Why dont you buy a decent pump and valves and then use air cylinders. You can buy them for around $20 each from places like McMaster Carr or Automation Direct.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Journeyman

ya it looks like i may just have to do that. i would stay with the actuators but they don't last long . at lease in my hands, i tend to use my models ALOT!! , and i tend to wware them out. and im thinging of building a new excavator and thought it would be cool to make the new one hydraulic.

the big thing is between rent my 1:1 car gas food and life 3-400 bucks for just a pump is a bit much and i not even talking about the valves either. for about 300 i can get all the firgellis for that and have it running. see my problem?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

I do see what you're saying! I'm fortunate because I have saved and bought a lot of tools over the years but if you've looked at any of my builds I'm sure you have noticed that I try to make as much out of junk as I can. I'm a hoarder of sorts but I've never had a lot of money and to me old scraps are invaluable sometimes! I am in the same boat as you right now with my skidder. I want to just buy the cylinders for it and be done with it but there is 8 of them so it isn't cost effective for me to do it that way. I guess I have to save some more $$$$ or get my butt into the shop! I don't have patients for either right now though!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Green Horn

carp is on a distinguished road

10bar isnt much and if you expect to go out and dig virgin ground you will be sorely dissapointed, at such a small size there is no real cheap way of doing it apart from making the parts yourself. Alternatively you could build something bigger and pick up an industrial pump and valves like izzul did for the cost of a leimbach pump.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Journeyman

ya looks that way. i may stick with my figelli actuators for now. and start saving up for the other stuff.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Supermario is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foub01 View Post
only kit i know of is this one.not sure of the quality but as a starter kit i think its ok http://translate.google.com/translat...com%2F&act=url
Thanks to seeing this post, my impulse buy, don't do your homework first syndrome kicked in
I'm the guy who just a couple weeks ago posted a thread saying " always shop around first! " Lol. It's hard to practice what you preach
Anyway, for a thousand bucks Canadian, all I want is something to haul on my lowboy and to load my wife's end dump trailer with wood chips, rubber pellets and what not for shows and the backyard.
So I bit the bullet and ordered the Liebherr 574 complete with radio and charger, shipping included cost as I said a grand. A lot less than 4 or 5 grand so what the heck
Anxious to see what I bought.

Sorry didn't mean to take your thread off track. Just wanted to say thanks ... I guess??

Mario
Old 01-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Thanks to seeing this post, my impulse buy, don't do your homework first syndrome kicked in
I'm the guy who just a couple weeks ago posted a thread saying " always shop around first! " Lol. It's hard to practice what you preach
Anyway, for a thousand bucks Canadian, all I want is something to haul on my lowboy and to load my wife's end dump trailer with wood chips, rubber pellets and what not for shows and the backyard.
So I bit the bullet and ordered the Liebherr 574 complete with radio and charger, shipping included cost as I said a grand. A lot less than 4 or 5 grand so what the heck
Anxious to see what I bought.

Sorry didn't mean to take your thread off track. Just wanted to say thanks ... I guess??

Mario
Sweet! It will be interesting to see how it works and how long it takes to get delivered! I was looking at more Bruder stuff at a store yesterday...I have to stop doing that!

Reg
Old 01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

This guy has a good rep from multiple people I've spoken with. They all said he was great to work with and shipping was faster then expected. They are well spoken people and a plus is their English is good. I'm pretty sure there is a build or two on here with them and some on scale as well.

I've emailed back and forth with him several times about a complete custom setup.He does build custom length and bore rams for one off projects, and also has bigger pumps available. So if you wanted to hold off on the out of the box set I'd email him and talk with him about your rig, its measurements and how its setup.

The stuff wouldn't hold up on real hard digging machines but for bruder stuff and even lighter aluminum custom stuff it digs pretty good in LOOSE earth and soil. I wouldn't recommend trying virgin soil but it is a nice setup for the money. There are some wear issues on the cylinders over time, but most are easily repairable with minimal work, basically seals and stuff. I know the system could def use some upgrades but again for the price your not going to get a top notch system.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by scalelover; 01-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Journeyman

cool ya i got a week or two of saving to go. the rig is self is not very heavy the boom stick are aluminum plate with sentra(pvc ) between. the frame if aluminum. im using 100mm actuators on the boom , but they are a bit to long. the need to be more like 80mm the stick and buck are 60mm actuators. im in the middle of cleaning up and remaking some parts for it . i just finished a new boom and stick that are lighter and more stream lined. and im moving to the drive motors for the tracks next
Old 01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Journeyman

scalelover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth34677 View Post
cool ya i got a week or two of saving to go. the rig is self is not very heavy the boom stick are aluminum plate with sentra(pvc ) between. the frame if aluminum. im using 100mm actuators on the boom , but they are a bit to long. the need to be more like 80mm the stick and buck are 60mm actuators. im in the middle of cleaning up and remaking some parts for it . i just finished a new boom and stick that are lighter and more stream lined. and im moving to the drive motors for the tracks next
If you know the lengths that you need, I'd send him an email with them and see what he can do. I'm not positive on pricing but its not much different than his prefab kits run. Maybe even ask him about pump upgrades.

--Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Journeyman

ok but the big question is is all of this stuff anygood? this is a bit of money to drop. and on another post i made some said not to get it? im so confussed head hurts